Author Topic: Alesis DM6 Drum Kit at Costco for $279  (Read 17646 times)

Alesis DM6 Drum Kit at Costco for $279
« on: September 04, 2011, 10:54:06 PM »
Hi All,

I saw an Alesis DM6 drum kit at costco for $279.  It has DM6, 3 cymbals, 1 dual-zone snare, 3 single-zone pad, and 2 footpedals.

The footpedal for bass is just a simple pedal, like the one for HHC.

The 3 single-zone pads are differentfromt eh standard one.  It is much smaller and the surface is completely flat.

Has anyone else seen this and is this a good deal?

Thanks,
James

Re: Alesis DM6 Drum Kit at Costco for $279
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 01:04:20 PM »
I bought one... I like it.  I'm an adult beginner drummer.

The bass pedal just doesn't have a feel.  The spring is too light.  I replaced my kick pedal with a Roland kick pad and a dw pedal.  It works perfectly with the Alesis gear.   

That pedal and pad were $300, so if you want a good feel on the bass, you might consider getting one of the more expensive DM6 kits (not from Costco) that comes with a real pedal.   

For instance, Musician's Friends has the DM6 kit with a real pedal for $500.   And at that price I would have saved about $100... rather than get the Roland drum I bought.

---

That being said.  It's a ton of fun either way.  If you only have $300 to spend, Costco's deal is as good as it gets.

-Mark

Re: Alesis DM6 Drum Kit at Costco for $279
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 03:41:51 PM »
I bought the kit a couple weeks ago. I'm an adult beginner as well. Definitely not anywhere near the $1000 kits but I think pretty good price for $280.

I agree that the kick pedal sucks. I was planning on getting a replacement one from alesis that is only $60 from Amazon. So it's still better than buying the $500 alesis kit.

You have to make sure to update your firmware when you get it, because the one I got from costco had issues when hitting the snare. The firmware update was easy and fixed the issue.

I think the toms sound kind of crappy and I just mostly hear the sound of the sticks hitting the drums. I'm thinking about getting some new headphones which might help the problem.

I'd also recommend getting some new sticks, the ones it came was shedding wood all over the kit.