Author Topic: DM8 Pro Kit: Cymbal Choke???  (Read 4857 times)

DM8 Pro Kit: Cymbal Choke???
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:59:13 PM »
Hi Everyone - I believe I have my DM8 Prokit cymbals connected properly, but cannot get them to choke. Any ideas?

Offline Ennuk3

Re: DM8 Pro Kit: Cymbal Choke???
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:39:51 AM »
Have you tried to squeeze the choke strips? They need to be grabbed pretty tight for the cymbals to be choked.

Offline DanKnow

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 05:11:36 PM »
ya me too, just got mine and had a bitc_ of a time getting the bell on the ride to work but can't get the choke on the crash at all, I've read the manual from cover to cover a few times :(
ALESIS DM8 PRO KIT w/ extra 10"Realhead tom & 3 Ion cymbals (splash, crash and china), beaten on by a  Tama Speed Cobra Double Bass pedal. HF mesh conversion with Pearl Muffle heads. On/Off keyboard pedal as a digital Hi-Hat clutch.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 07:57:45 PM »
Make sure you guys have the right cymbal trigger for the crash cymbal. I know on the DM10 studio kit some people don't have the right cymbal triggers plugged in to the correct input. Just a thought. I hope that helps.

Offline DanKnow

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 10:39:10 PM »
Got it working... Had to switch the Crash cable into the other jack on the cymbal. The cymbal came with a plug in one of the jacks and I assumed the crash cable on the cable snake went into the free jack on the cymbal.
IT DOESN'T switch the jacks around on the cymbal and voila!!!

On the Cymbal A Jack has the plug, B Jack plug in the Crash cable from the cable snake.
ALESIS DM8 PRO KIT w/ extra 10"Realhead tom & 3 Ion cymbals (splash, crash and china), beaten on by a  Tama Speed Cobra Double Bass pedal. HF mesh conversion with Pearl Muffle heads. On/Off keyboard pedal as a digital Hi-Hat clutch.