Author Topic: tricker / sample snare pad cant handle it ?  (Read 1625 times)

tricker / sample snare pad cant handle it ?
« on: December 22, 2019, 12:28:38 PM »
playiing with the crimson II set for a couple of months now and i came up with a problem.

back in the old days when i played the acoustic drums i was able to hit my snare drum with 2 sticks (2 hands) at the same time.  sometimes at the end of combination just befor a new part of the song starts.   now doing this with the Crimson II  drum set the sample and ore mudule will kill that sample.  it sounds like the sample is corrupt and digitalized. its very anoying. is this the weakenss of the module ore trigger setting ?  can i correct it ?

May be you pro's have an answer for it.

Jeroen

Offline Chaser

Re: tricker / sample snare pad cant handle it ?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 01:32:28 PM »
playiing with the crimson II set for a couple of months now and i came up with a problem.

back in the old days when i played the acoustic drums i was able to hit my snare drum with 2 sticks (2 hands) at the same time.  sometimes at the end of combination just befor a new part of the song starts.   now doing this with the Crimson II  drum set the sample and ore mudule will kill that sample.  it sounds like the sample is corrupt and digitalized. its very anoying. is this the weakenss of the module ore trigger setting ?  can i correct it ?

May be you pro's have an answer for it.

Jeroen

Try lowering the ReTrigger setting until you get it where you need.
The ReTrigger setting focuses on how quickly one strike comes after another, rather than how much force a pad is being hit with.
Adjusting the ReTrigger setting higher, any accidental secondary hits that come immediately after the first intentional hit, will be eliminated.
Adjusting the ReTrigger setting lower, the more likely the second hit will be heard.

https://www.alesis.com/kb/article/2202#retrig

Re: tricker / sample snare pad cant handle it ?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 09:22:44 AM »
Thats it !   

thank you ..

snare trigger was at 08 .. i changed that into 12 , now its gone. . thanx alot !