Author Topic: EZ Drummer/Alesis Crimson stops after 5 minutes  (Read 2485 times)

EZ Drummer/Alesis Crimson stops after 5 minutes
« on: August 06, 2016, 10:25:17 AM »
I've plugged my Alesis Crimson kit into my computer by the USB midi.  Downloaded ASIO4ALL, EZ Drummer demo.  My PC is quite capable and I have a very acceptable latency.  Sounds are fantastic and loads more responsive that the kits internal sounds.

The only problem is they stop after 5 minutes.  Switching the module off and on does nothing.  Unplugging and plugging it back in does nothing.  Only restarting EZ Drummer cures the problem.  And then I have to go back in and set it to Alesis kit and put the other settings back too.

What would cause this?

I'm thinking of taking the plunge with Superior Drummer, which may cure the problem as I think it's software related.  But I'd like a second opinion.  Thanks peeps.
Richard.

Re: EZ Drummer/Alesis Crimson stops after 5 minutes
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 11:01:52 AM »
After fighting with this for 24 hours, the moment I post the question I find the solution.  The USB port I was using was a USB3.  It doesn't appear to be compatible.  I've moved it to a USB2 port and it works just fine!

I hope this helps someone else.

For anyone not sure, the USB3 ports have the blue inserts in them.  Not easy to spot on the back of a tower under a desk...

Online Hellfire

Re: EZ Drummer/Alesis Crimson stops after 5 minutes
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 11:20:54 AM »
After fighting with this for 24 hours, the moment I post the question I find the solution.  The USB port I was using was a USB3.  It doesn't appear to be compatible.  I've moved it to a USB2 port and it works just fine!

I hope this helps someone else.

For anyone not sure, the USB3 ports have the blue inserts in them.  Not easy to spot on the back of a tower under a desk...

This is actually really good to know. Thanks for sharing. I wonder how many of the other Alesis modules would have this issue as well.