Author Topic: Alesis Advanced drum module  (Read 1296 times)

Alesis Advanced drum module
« on: June 24, 2019, 07:25:33 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm new here.

I own the Alesis Command Mesh kit for a few months ago and I want to know if there is posible to load more custom kits/voices via USB?

Where do I download more kits compatible with my "Alesis advanced drum module"?

I need a drum kit as natural as possible. Can anyone help me with some tips?

Thanx alot.

Rob  :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:39:20 AM by alesisDRUMMER Staff »

Offline Purpledc

Re: Alesis Advanced drum module
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 01:56:07 PM »
Yes and no.  You can store custom kits on a USB flash drive and thus also load them into the module.  But the limitation of this is that all they are are modified versions of the kits all ready in the module.  You wont be adding any new sounds.   You can load 1 shot wav samples into the module but it will sound very machine gunny and would likely not yield the best results.  One of the bigger problems with alesis modules is that they really are not cross compatible with each other.  So say someone has a crimson II.   While that module and your module look nearly identical you cant share kit presets.   You would only be able to use a user kit created on another command module.   So honestly the best way to get new sounds is to learn the ins and outs of how to use that modules on board sound editing features.   There really is not a huge community for each alesis module as individuals.  Thus you may find one or two people offering a kit for free but its honestly going to be more easy to just edit the sounds within the module.