Author Topic: Adhesive suggestions for DIY PVC pipe trigger?  (Read 4944 times)

Offline barcsdad

Adhesive suggestions for DIY PVC pipe trigger?
« on: June 23, 2011, 01:16:42 PM »
I'm about halfway through my first DIY trigger, which is simply a PVC pipe with a tightly fitting wooden block (with piezo attached) jammed into it and a jack on the end cap. Plan on wrapping a mouse pad around it. Has anyone built something like this, and if so, what adhesive is recommended?

Offline barcsdad

Re: Adhesive suggestions for DIY PVC pipe trigger?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:14:58 AM »
Found a good method. DUCT TAPE the crap out of it.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 03:10:21 PM »
I have never built anything like that but you cant go wrong with some gorilla glue...good stuff.
Alesis DM10 Studio /w pearl mesh heads, Alesis Trigger I/O, Mapex Falcon double pedal, Roc N Soc throne, Vic Firth sticks, Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry expansion, Sonar 1x Studio

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules"

Offline barcsdad

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:57:59 AM »
Here's what the outcome is. Hastily mounted for sure. Will try to put together a recipe of how it was made. Working well, with the exception that I have it plugged into the "dreaded Tom1 input"!

Offline Jermdog

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 10:06:54 AM »
How is this trigger working out for you?  I've thought about doing this with a few short pieces of 1" PVC to make a sound effects tree.  I am worried about crosstalk between them as I would make the tree out of PVC.

Maybe I'll find some way to isolate them...  any ideas?
Strike Pro, Dm10, Zildjian Gen 16 hats, xhats and garbage cymbals, Kit Toys chinas, crash and splashes, jam dock, mixer, custom 13" tom, alesis, drum workshop and various hardware.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 12:39:18 PM »
Where in the PVC pipe do you have the piezo mounted?
Alesis DM10 Studio /w pearl mesh heads, Alesis Trigger I/O, Mapex Falcon double pedal, Roc N Soc throne, Vic Firth sticks, Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry expansion, Sonar 1x Studio

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules"

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 03:28:15 PM »
I like to use contact cement to glue the rubber to anything/
Paint a coat on each, let dry for 20-30 minutes
Apply a second coat, let dry for 15-20 minurtes.
VERY carefully line up the rubber then place. Once it touches it is stuck. Press firmly into place.