Author Topic: Strike Module with Yamaha Cymbal Pads?  (Read 1715 times)

Strike Module with Yamaha Cymbal Pads?
« on: September 12, 2018, 08:19:14 AM »
Hi guys, Thanx for letting me onto the forum....

Quick question...

Has anyone tried using Yamaha PCY 135/155 cymbals with a Strike Module and if yes, what were the results.....

I realize that the 155's (Rides) will only be dual zone (Not triple) if used as crashes but I am just curious as to whether they work properly......

Cheers & Thanx,
Vig.

Re: Strike Module with Yamaha Cymbal Pads?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 11:15:14 PM »
Anyone? :'(

Offline AlanK

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 09:32:38 AM »
I know nothing of compatibility, but clicked Search in the above Menu and it came up with 41 hits.. I only typed in Yamaha Strike to get that, you may be able to filter it down ever better.. this screenshot just shows the first few and they're not cymbal related but farther down the list there were lengthy discussions about Yamaha cymbals if I recall

DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Iggford

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 10:17:21 AM »
I know I have a couple of Yamaha single-zone 8" pads that work just fine.  I would imagine the cymbals would as well in at least some capacity.

--
Shawn.