Author Topic: pad just stopped working?  (Read 2416 times)

Offline H3RB

pad just stopped working?
« on: June 21, 2010, 02:23:24 PM »
just been playing a few songs on my stuido kit then my bass pad just stopped working :-\ no idea why it was working fine. ive checked all connections and tried resetting etc.
not got time to take it apart till tomorrow really but any ideas on what i should look for when i open it up? it took quite a bashing during the songs but ive played the sames songs tons of times.
any ideas?

Offline Guinness

Re: pad just stopped working?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 02:32:11 PM »
unplug it and plug the patch cable into another pad.  Does the that pad trigger the kick?  If no, then it's the module or cable.  If yes, then I'd guess the piezo wires somehow disconnected.  It may be as simple as resoldering.

Offline H3RB

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 02:47:23 PM »
unplug it and plug the patch cable into another pad.  Does the that pad trigger the kick?  If no, then it's the module or cable.  If yes, then I'd guess the piezo wires somehow disconnected.  It may be as simple as resoldering.
yeah i hope its just simple so i dont have to return it as i did the mesh head conversion lol i have a spare pad i bought a while ago but id rather keep it to expand rather then replace

Offline H3RB

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 06:12:30 PM »
fixed it, some how the blue cable coming from the piezo had snapped in half some how :-\ soldered it back together and works great now

Offline Guinness

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 07:29:06 PM »
Sweet!