Author Topic: A to E conversion kits  (Read 3501 times)

A to E conversion kits
« on: June 09, 2010, 04:55:56 AM »
I have just been checking out the drum-tec.de (German) website and they have some great looking gear!!! Their diabolo kits look really great! They also sell a to e conversion kits which consist of mesh heads, triggers(roland) , module(roland),cymbals, cables and some rim noise eliminator. My question is, is it really that easy?! Do i just need to change the batter heads of my acoustic, clip on the triggers, connect it all to the module and i'm edrumming? This just sounds too easy!!!! If so, would the DM10 be good for this using, say, ddrum red triggers?
Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Hellfire

Re: A to E conversion kits
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:43:08 AM »
I have just been checking out the drum-tec.de (German) website and they have some great looking gear!!! Their diabolo kits look really great! They also sell a to e conversion kits which consist of mesh heads, triggers(roland) , module(roland),cymbals, cables and some rim noise eliminator. My question is, is it really that easy?! Do i just need to change the batter heads of my acoustic, clip on the triggers, connect it all to the module and i'm edrumming? This just sounds too easy!!!! If so, would the DM10 be good for this using, say, ddrum red triggers?
Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, it is just that easy. Using Ddrum red triggers with mesh heads is a very common way to get into edrumming. The the DM10 can be used with side mounted triggers like the Ddrum triggers and work really well. This is a common technique to convert "A" to  "E" so you can easily go back to "A's" if you want to. I hope that helps.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 06:40:49 PM »
If you are in the US, Pintech offers similar kits - even a service to ship them your drums, and they install the stuff for you.  these are under-the-head triggers (like the roland ones) rather than the clip on ones.

It really is that easy.  DIY can be difficult to the uninitiated, but once you get it, it's not that bad.  Keep us posted to your progress!
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 07:57:06 AM »
Hey guys thanks for the heads up!!!
Hellfire, just wanted to say thanks for all the info you put out there for us e drumming wannabes!!!
 ghostman, i'm not in the states, i'm currently situated in the netherlands, so don't think i can send my drums to pintech!!
So another question, If i keep the resonant head in place will the drums still make an acoustic sound? i have to keep acoustic noise to a minimum! if I replace the resonant with another mesh ( for aesthetics) or just remove it, do you think this will cut down the noise level?
Also, would i have a much flexibility (being able to tap into all the different cool sounds of the module etc) as i would with a e kit?
Thanks again to those who read all these posts.....and a bigger thanks to the ones the part with their knowledge to help others!! 

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 10:29:22 AM »
Hey guys thanks for the heads up!!!
Hellfire, just wanted to say thanks for all the info you put out there for us e drumming wannabes!!!
 ghostman, i'm not in the states, i'm currently situated in the netherlands, so don't think i can send my drums to pintech!!
So another question, If i keep the resonant head in place will the drums still make an acoustic sound? i have to keep acoustic noise to a minimum! if I replace the resonant with another mesh ( for aesthetics) or just remove it, do you think this will cut down the noise level?
Also, would i have a much flexibility (being able to tap into all the different cool sounds of the module etc) as i would with a e kit?
Thanks again to those who read all these posts.....and a bigger thanks to the ones the part with their knowledge to help others!!
Your resonant head will make some noise but it should be very loud. You could put a mute on the resonant head or replace it with a mesh head. You could also do what I did and cut a big hole in the resonant head. You do want some kind of head on there or your lugs will rattle.