Author Topic: Mesh heads  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Guinness

Mesh heads
« on: March 29, 2010, 07:25:35 PM »
I'm still new to edrums and need some advice.  The mesh head article in edrummagazine got me thinking.  Should I look into other heads?  I do need a new one for my snare.  Are Billy Blast the ones to get, or should I look else wear?  Are roland heads available?   In 8" and 10"?  Are Hart heads good?  I want a bit more durability and stick bounce than i get from the billy blast heads.  I like them, but if I need to replace every month or so, would I do better to pay more for a longer lasting/high quality head?

What have you used?

Online Hellfire

Re: Mesh heads
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 08:16:10 PM »
Roland and Hart head are available in 8" & 10". I have used both and they both hold up quite well. As a matter of fact I have had only one out of four Hart break on me in four years. I have never had a Roland head break on me. The oldest one I have I used from 2003 till 2009 and it never broke. They just cost $30-40 each.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:10:14 PM »
But if they never break, then why did you try Billy Blast?  .... just 'cause it was so cost effective?

I do like the black dot on my heads, but I would like to try the roland or hart head.  I'll just get one of those two for my snare and see how it goes.  I wonder if I can spray paint Alesis over the Roland logo?  LOL
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 01:08:05 AM by Guinness »

Offline Bobby@NEMS

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 11:54:03 PM »
  I wonder if I can spray paint Alesis over the Roland logo?  LOL

Haha. 

I've actually sold MANY of the Pintech mesh heads, which are actually manufactured by Roland. Alot of folks use them and I've heard nothing but positive responses. They actually use the heads on their ConcertCast series drums.

Perhaps we should convince Alesis to license some mesh heads in addition to the RealHeads?
Bobby D.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 01:11:33 AM »
  I wonder if I can spray paint Alesis over the Roland logo?  LOL

Haha. 

I've actually sold MANY of the Pintech mesh heads, which are actually manufactured by Roland. Alot of folks use them and I've heard nothing but positive responses. They actually use the heads on their ConcertCast series drums.

Perhaps we should convince Alesis to license some mesh heads in addition to the RealHeads?

I could have sworn I read [somewhere] that Roland heads are manufactured by Remo.  Pintech or Hart (can't remember which) is manufactured by aquarius.

anyways... 

i don't need it yet...  and while I had the snare cranked down pretty tight, I just cranked on it some more.  It feels alot better.  Much more responsive.

[[on a side note...  HF, I removed my left foot leg thingy, and used it as a post on the module side of my kit.  Now my 2nd kick and hi-hat pedals aren't so far away.  Thanks for the tip.]]

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 01:05:08 AM »
Oh, sorry. I thought you said meth heads.
When you see a mime doing that Trapped in a Box thing, I think a funny thing to do is punch him in the throat.
A12

Offline Guinness

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 03:37:39 PM »
 :D