Author Topic: Hey guys! I'm here for the free cake  (Read 2067 times)

Offline JayBeatDrums

Hey guys! I'm here for the free cake
« on: January 29, 2018, 05:13:46 PM »
What??! No cake??

Well at least there's drum talk. Guess I'll stick around then. Get it? STICK around?

Anyway, proud owner of a sparkly new Strike Pro set, and would love to know what built-in kits y'all use. Specifically which ones are best suited for playing covers. Like, let's say your favorite band is Black Sabbath, and your band wants to play "War Pigs" on the fly; what kit do you use?

Use your own favorites and let me know what your "Go-to" kits are.

Thanks!
-Alesis Strike Pro, Gibraltar motorcycle throne with backrest, DW 5000 Accelerator double bass-

Offline Dartanbeck

Re: Hey guys! I'm here for the free cake
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 05:32:34 PM »
Congrats! I'm jealous!

I use a DM10X Mesh, and play War Pigs every gig. I never actually made it through all of the (100) preset kits before I decided to just build my own custom kit.

I'm using Yamaha Pinstripe toms, I can't remember which (killer!) snare I'm using... my bass drum is made up of two bass sounds layered together, one for the wet hit and another for a deep, low growl. Zildjian cymbals, a cowbell (tom rim) and I had to have a gong (tom rim) for Black Betty, by Ram Jam. I also have a hand-clap on my furthest tom rim for certain songs and a vibraslap just because it's fun for things like Soul City, Play that Funky Music, and many other songs... I sneak that thing in here and there.

Maybe one day I'll own up and buy a Strike Pro so I can better answer this stuff! ;)

Again, congrats on the new kit!!!
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist

Offline AlanK

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 03:15:39 PM »
Well at least there's drum talk. Guess I'll stick around then. Get it? STICK around?

ha, that'll be a hard one to BEAT! (see what i did there?)  bah dum pah!

Welcome to the club dude!
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 08:02:02 PM »
I think I've had enough puns for one day... oh look at the time... thing I better Crash!
see what I did there? LOL

Offline AlanK

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 12:36:28 PM »
nyuk nyuk nyuk! touche!

so, before they KICK me out, let me just say you've been a CYMBAL of true comical genius

Oh I could go on forever! (drops mic!)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline JayBeatDrums

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 01:59:33 PM »
You guys are clearly trying to DRUM up attention for yourselves! Well I'm not marching to your BEAT!
-Alesis Strike Pro, Gibraltar motorcycle throne with backrest, DW 5000 Accelerator double bass-

Offline AlanK

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 04:01:28 PM »
these jokes may be a bit childish but ALESIS funny (get it?)

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 10:08:58 PM »
ROTFFLMFAO!!!  ;D

Offline JayBeatDrums

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 09:49:26 AM »
This is fun and all, but now I have an actual problem with the kit. First time for everything! I updated the firmware last week and got a new hi-hat stand yesterday. I neglected to turn the kit off when unplugging and plugging the leads back up, and crashed the module! Add to that now my hat is erratic and useless. I tried to go do the reset function like they say on the website, but IT'S NOT THERE!!! I thought since I updated to 1.3 there is supposed to be a hat reset?? Bummed and confused now...

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 12:49:35 AM »
If the correct controls didn't reappear after a restart of the module, the first thing I'd try (in addition to contacting Alesis) would be to turn off the module, unplug everything (triggers) from the module (at least they recommend this for the DM10 module) and then perform the full firmware update again.

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 02:23:41 AM »
But for better answers, I'd check better places in the forum, like the Modules section, for example.

Offline JayBeatDrums

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 11:34:01 AM »
Thanks! That actually worked like a charm. Everything is up and running smoothly!

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 06:53:17 PM »
Whew! << Wipes sweat from brow >>