Author Topic: change vst volumes with dm10 module faders?  (Read 2211 times)

change vst volumes with dm10 module faders?
« on: May 27, 2017, 10:32:48 AM »
Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible for me to change volumes of the cc signals sent to addictive drummer? For example, one song requires a loud hihat, and another requires a quiet hihat. Is there any possible way I can use the faders on the dm10 module to change the hihat volume?

DM10 Studio Kit, Yamaha KX, Samson Graphite 25, Peavey RMC-4512, FCB-1010, Tascam 16x08, Reaper, Jay Turser Telecaster, LTD Bass, Computer (Fx-6300 (overclocked to 4.6) 8gig ram

Offline Hellfire

Re: change vst volumes with dm10 module faders?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 12:02:32 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible for me to change volumes of the cc signals sent to addictive drummer? For example, one song requires a loud hihat, and another requires a quiet hihat. Is there any possible way I can use the faders on the dm10 module to change the hihat volume?

I don't think that is possible. I don't remember if the sliders send any midi data. I want to say "no", but it's been a while since I looked at the NRPN stuff. I attached the NRPN data sheet for the DM10.

Offline Dobly

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 05:47:54 PM »
I don't think so either. You are sending a small set of midi values with each strike. Midi values start at 0 and go up to 127. Would no makes sense to somehow filter that values down for a quiet song.

Addictive drums lets you create pre-sets. Ie: Saved custom kits.

Make a kit with quieter hats and load it when you need it.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 11:40:28 PM »
Thanks ya'll :)
DM10 Studio Kit, Yamaha KX, Samson Graphite 25, Peavey RMC-4512, FCB-1010, Tascam 16x08, Reaper, Jay Turser Telecaster, LTD Bass, Computer (Fx-6300 (overclocked to 4.6) 8gig ram

Offline Failed Muso

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 05:53:28 AM »
Hi,

As has been mentioned, the faders on the DM10 don't send MIDI.

However, creating custom kits for certain songs is a good way of doing it.

Alternatively, pick up something like a Korg nanoKontrol and use that to control fader levels, if that suits you better :)

Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 12:56:19 PM »
This is the thing!!!! haha... ya, so I have AD2 sending separate tracks to Reaper, which then are routed to Mobius, but I digress. This device would let me change the fader volume on the fly. Which in my case is the point, because it is always after I've started the jam that I realize that this or that is too loud. Kudos!! thanks!

Offline AlanK

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 02:57:09 PM »
Addictive also has quick adjustment knobs for hi-hat, kick and snare on each kit, so it should only take a second to turn hi-hat volume up or down from one song to another, I do it all the time
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers