Author Topic: What "Topics" Do you think should be on the board?  (Read 4908 times)

Online Hellfire

What "Topics" Do you think should be on the board?
« on: February 03, 2014, 05:22:22 PM »
The title says it all. All ideas will be considered, but that doesn't mean it will happen. Please let me know.

Offline Trondster

Re: What "Topics" Do you think should be on the board?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 02:45:40 AM »
How the Trigger I/O handles switch zones vs how the "other" Alesis modules handle switch zones - choke switches for pressing, triggers with hitable switches and toggle switches.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:12:01 AM »
How the Trigger I/O handles switch zones vs how the "other" Alesis modules handle switch zones - choke switches for pressing, triggers with hitable switches and toggle switches.

Awesome suggestion!

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 04:33:05 PM »
I think it would be handy to have more in depth discussion of the instrument settings than what is available in the manual.

For instance what exactly the settings in the DYN menu do and how their settings relate to other settings in the menus.

The "Three Zone Snare" topic is a prime example that could benefit from such a discussion. That topic tells us what values to set in each menu, and it obviously works, but I think we would all benefit from some more technical details of "why it works".

Offline JimmyB

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 04:50:47 PM »
Essington has a great idea.
JimmyB

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 01:25:12 PM »
Agreed. Something like a "DM10: The Missing Manual" could go a long way towards helping the less-knowledgeable of us (myself included!) really get that extra bit out of the module.

Offline FreddieVegas

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 02:39:29 AM »
And a off topic for members, a lot of nice and fun people here.
http://open.spotify.com/user/freddievegas/playlist/0lR15yT8gMZuoTiZQs5z1g

Online Sharkuel

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 05:34:12 AM »
FreddieVegas has a point, but then again, people would use the off-topic area to make on-topic questions, so i don't know if it would work as intended. ::)

I'm with Corvidae on this one. :) Because i am much of a noob when it comes to the DM10's full potential.
Megadrum 32 inputs with positional sensing add-on.

Cone centered DIY triggers in snare and toms.

8" racktom
10" racktom
12" racktom
14" floortom

Roland VH13
Lemon Cymbals

"Life is short, death is near, but one's word lives forever

Offline FreddieVegas

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »
FreddieVegas has a point, but then again, people would use the off-topic area to make on-topic questions, so i don't know if it would work as intended. ::)
I would give a Off-Topic answer to a On-topic question in the off-topic topic... or just move it where it belongs.
It is a good way to get to know people :)
http://open.spotify.com/user/freddievegas/playlist/0lR15yT8gMZuoTiZQs5z1g

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 01:43:38 AM »
I'd love to see more about using an external midi controller to record accompaniment tracks on the DM10. Does nobody do this?
Perhaps even useful advice on using an external device via midi (for the extra ACCOMP sounds) in any way.
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist

Offline Mr.J.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 11:55:12 AM »
My wish....I would like to see more about what music you are playing, after all isn't that what we all want to do no matter what kit we own?

So something like this

"Hey I started to play SONG and I'm stuck on the fill part of SONG"

Or

"Hey I want to play SONG, does anyone have sheet music-tabs of this SONG they can share"

Offline Dobly

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 12:07:52 AM »
How about a Topic for (wait for it) actual drumming tips. Exercises, rudiments and that stuff.  A place were you can post a video showing some exercise or just upload an image with some sticking exercise. A place were we can post a 'try this challenge' type thing. This is Alesis DRUMMER after all.