Author Topic: DM10 module multiple triggering  (Read 1520 times)

DM10 module multiple triggering
« on: September 27, 2018, 04:43:03 AM »
Hi all, I have a major problem with my DM10 module, it has all of a sudden started to trigger all my set up instruments (Pads) at the same time, I have unplugged all the cables and re plugged again, tried all the normal things EXCEPT setting them all back to "factory settings" does anyone know if this will help and will i loose all the individual trigger settings related to xtalk etc. I know that i will loose my custom kits if i don't back them up to my computer but will backing them up still save the trigger settings in those custom kits ?? ,  please help, cheers James :-\
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 04:47:49 AM by jamrod »
We Drummers prefer to use our heads !!

Offline Iggford

Re: DM10 module multiple triggering
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 11:01:47 AM »
From what I remember, you WILL lose your trigger settings and everything, along with your custom kits, when you reset to factory settings.

I had to do this once a couple years ago, and I went through all my settings and recorded the values that I had set.  I did the same things with my custom kits.  It can be time consuming, but if you just snap a picture of each relevant menu page, it makes it so much easier to go back to the settings that work for you.

It took me some time to get everything set back up, but the factory reset was worth it for me at the time.

EDIT:  After I made that post, I remembered something.  I seem to recall that you can back up and dump your trigger settings file via the USB cable?  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though.  It was something that I think I saw AFTER I had done mine.  However, with the issue you're having, if it's something that's corrupted the settings, it may be better to manually reset everything, or you could end up with the same problem.  That's a guess on my part.  I usually only have about 4 or 5 kits on my module that I really don't want to lose, so I'm more of a "do it the hard way" kinda guy, LOL.

--
Shawn.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:05:14 AM by Iggford »

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 12:35:03 PM »
Here are a couple links that should be helpful

This article walks you through how to back up the DM10 module settings, in case you ever need to do a factory reset.
Alesis DM10 - How to Back Up the Settings
also   
How to back up DM10 settings & custom kits onto a PC

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 01:26:18 PM »
Check the Sensitivity setting that is for the whole set (not the individual trigger ones..or check them too) .. perhaps you've somehow turned sensitivity way up on all pads/cymbals and they're all going off just from slight movement of the frame etc.. just a thought
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers