Author Topic: Steven Slate Drums expansion pack deal  (Read 3412 times)

Offline ghostman

Steven Slate Drums expansion pack deal
« on: August 04, 2010, 12:08:30 PM »
I got an email yesterday, thought I'd share the wealth:

We are pleased to announce a NO BRAINER sale at audiomidi.com !!

Now you can get all of the SSD EX Expansion packs for only $80 !!

You'll get all of the famous Slate Kits you've been hearing about,
like the Chili Kit, the CLA Kit, two exclusive Audio Midi custom
kits that Steven made just for this deal..  The funk and old school
guys can jam on the Steely Dan Kit.. and the metal guys get the
Metallica kit, the Deftones Kit, Dream Theater Kit, Pantera kit, and
more!

Overall, you get a savings of $220!

Even if you own up to three expansion packs already, you'll still
save money by purchasing this deal.

Check out www.audiomidi.com for details, and happy drumming.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline ghostman

Re: Steven Slate Drums expansion pack deal
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 12:12:41 PM »
I bought it, I waited until yesterday, but succumed..  I just can't resist a good deal.  so, I spent $100 for $400 in software. 75% savings... woot.

$20 for SSD EX (vs. $100) and $80 for 5 expansions ($59 ea, $295)
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Rev2010

Re: Steven Slate Drums expansion pack deal
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 08:57:52 PM »
I think the deal is awesome. Even more so I think the "emulation" of famous recording's kits are amazing. The only caveat for me is the sounds... every single kit I've listened to (about a dozen) sound so module like to me in the repeated triggering department even though the latest version has antimachinegunning. How they didn't have that till now and survived is beyond me as that is the biggest setback to most modules/libraries. But everything I listened to sounded like the same single sample being triggered over and over again, was a major turn off.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy and I still think the deal is great. Just imaging doing a Metallica Black album cover using that kit, it's so spot on sounding. Or any other bands cover, it's a nice treat.

Rev.