Author Topic: Procrastination. The One Thing I Wont Put Off  (Read 2938 times)

Procrastination. The One Thing I Wont Put Off
« on: March 05, 2010, 08:58:14 AM »
Well... I missed out on that 20 dollar drum deal. Eff. Man. And I went up to Guitar Center to kinda look around at the stuff they had, and man... Like 300 friggen dollars for software. It was really cool software, but not 300 dollars worth of cool. The guy showed me some other stripped down version that was around 150, but you couldn't build a kit larger than a five piece or something. The 300 dollar one, hell... You could have one mean kit, but you also get the Lifetime channel. Who the hell wants that? Well, you don't get the lifetime channel, but you may as well get it. There were so many different things in that program that I will never use. Just like cable TV. I don't want the effing cooking channel. I just want The History Channel. Not El Telemundo and The Lesbian Bowling Network. I just want to have a really cool real-time set of drums. And that's what I wanna pay for. If it's good stuff that I know I'll like, I'm cool with maybe a hundred bucks or so. And a good interface is 150-200 dollars. So I don't know what to do now. Maybe I'll try quilting or something. Is macrame still cool?
Okay. I doubt theres anyone here that can tell me how to do one of those croquet knots (or whatever) so I gotta ask about my next step.
I just wanna build a virtual kit with a bunch of drums. Cymbals, mostly. I likes me some cymbals. But I don't need all this other stuff that comes with it. Theres gotta be something out there.
Any ideas?

Thank you.
When you see a mime doing that Trapped in a Box thing, I think a funny thing to do is punch him in the throat.
A12

Online Hellfire

Re: Procrastination. The One Thing I Wont Put Off
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 09:25:18 AM »
Well... I missed out on that 20 dollar drum deal. Eff. Man. And I went up to Guitar Center to kinda look around at the stuff they had, and man... Like 300 friggen dollars for software. It was really cool software, but not 300 dollars worth of cool. The guy showed me some other stripped down version that was around 150, but you couldn't build a kit larger than a five piece or something. The 300 dollar one, hell... You could have one mean kit, but you also get the Lifetime channel. Who the hell wants that? Well, you don't get the lifetime channel, but you may as well get it. There were so many different things in that program that I will never use. Just like cable TV. I don't want the effing cooking channel. I just want The History Channel. Not El Telemundo and The Lesbian Bowling Network. I just want to have a really cool real-time set of drums. And that's what I wanna pay for. If it's good stuff that I know I'll like, I'm cool with maybe a hundred bucks or so. And a good interface is 150-200 dollars. So I don't know what to do now. Maybe I'll try quilting or something. Is macrame still cool?
Okay. I doubt theres anyone here that can tell me how to do one of those croquet knots (or whatever) so I gotta ask about my next step.
I just wanna build a virtual kit with a bunch of drums. Cymbals, mostly. I likes me some cymbals. But I don't need all this other stuff that comes with it. Theres gotta be something out there.
Any ideas?

Thank you.
Have you looked into DrumCore? I found their website about a month ago. I have not bought any of there products but their demos sound good. Just a thought.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 02:55:35 PM »
You might have missed out on the Steve Slate Drums EX for $20, but it's regular price is $99

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/ex.html
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »
Just like cable TV. I don't want the effing cooking channel. I just want The History Channel. Not El Telemundo and The Lesbian Bowling Network....

.... Maybe I'll try quilting or something. Is macrame still cool?

That was Laugh Out Loud funny!    :D