Author Topic: Roland PD7 pads with DM10  (Read 3890 times)

Roland PD7 pads with DM10
« on: November 19, 2010, 02:23:05 AM »
Hi,

I can get 2 Roland pd7 pads including mounts for relatively cheap here (50 EUR incl shipping).

Any of you have experience with these? i plan to use them as 2 splashes or maybe a side snare and 1 splash. I just need to buy 2 y-cables to split the inputs.
Alesis DM10 Studio

Offline DeeDubs

Re: Roland PD7 pads with DM10
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:55:59 AM »
Georgio,

I don't see it on the list here http://www.alesis.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/22/b3d48123f7dac8066c0869d6a34cd66a/file/dm10_module___trigger_compatibility_guide.pdf, but I have used old Yamaha pads (PTT8 and PTS8) without any problems. You may want to refer to the pdf link for setting the parameters (try the PD8 values, test, tweak, repeat)..

Best of luck,

~D
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:22:58 AM »
Hi DeeDubs,

I indeed checked that file but it doesn't have every pad available. The Roland CY-5 for example also isn't on that list (The CY-8 is though) but it works perfectly for me.

I'm probably getting 2 PCY60 Yamaha's instead. Those are also not listed but the PCY65 are, and they are supposed to work. If not I will just sell them again :)

Thanks for the reply! I will let you know if they work if I get either of them.

Is there an existing thread somewhere on this forum with a list of 3rd party pads/cymbals that work but are not on the alesis trigger compatibility PDF? Maybe we should create one so everyone can contribute.
Alesis DM10 Studio

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:42:57 AM »
Is there an existing thread somewhere on this forum with a list of 3rd party pads/cymbals that work but are not on the alesis trigger compatibility PDF? Maybe we should create one so everyone can contribute.

That's a really good idea - if there isn't one already.
E-drum setup: Alesis DM10 Module, S&S Industries Stinger XL snare & Stinger P1 toms, Alesis DMPad cymbals, Roland PD-8 & KD-7, Gibraltar rack/hardware, Tama hardware, Hart Maxxum/Magnum Mesh Heads, Roland KC-350 amp, Audio Technica ATH-M50s headphones