Author Topic: Can I get my laptop to "play" my kit on its speakers?  (Read 762 times)

Can I get my laptop to "play" my kit on its speakers?
« on: May 29, 2021, 09:41:43 AM »
Is there an inexpensive way to get my laptop to connect to the module, I have a Turbo Mesh, so I can listen without headphones?  I try to use earbuds for now, but I have nice bluetooth computer headphones and want to hear my set over my laptop.  I bought a standard USB to connect the laptop and module, but don't know what to do next.   Help?

Offline Chaser

Re: Can I get my laptop to "play" my kit on its speakers?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 02:08:22 PM »
Is there an inexpensive way to get my laptop to connect to the module, I have a Turbo Mesh, so I can listen without headphones?  I try to use earbuds for now, but I have nice bluetooth computer headphones and want to hear my set over my laptop.  I bought a standard USB to connect the laptop and module, but don't know what to do next.   Help?

The Turbo,Debut,DM Lite,E-Drum Total (Medeli DD401) module is a very limited entry level module.
The USB is for MIDI only..No audio passes through.
It's always best to use an audio interface and connect the outputs.. otherwise "inexpensive" you would use a 1/4"(6.35mm) "Y" cable to the (1/8") 3.5mm input on a laptop ..if it has one...Laptop soundcards are not very good and connecting only to be able use Bluetooth headphones may create latency.The amount of latency will depend on the specs of your laptop.
There are numerous topics on connecting to a laptop..use the search function at the upper left.