Author Topic: strike pro rack  (Read 1777 times)

strike pro rack
« on: April 23, 2018, 04:36:24 PM »
Hi, I just bought a strike pro. It came as a strike + a pro upgrade set. Once I set it up I realised the rack seemed to be wrong. there are two longer uprights at the back 33" but the two at the front are both short 29" Having a 29 inch upright on the left means that the module is very low.

has anyone else experienced similar?
thanks

Offline Iggford

Re: strike pro rack
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 04:57:23 PM »
Let me look at my rack when I get home.  I know that I received two more uprights with the Pro expansion pack, and these had the cymbal mounts in them like the back uprights.  I don't know the exact length of them right off, but I'll take a look.  I do know that when I have my module mounted, it's at a perfect height for me.  It doesn't seem too low at all.

--
Shawn

Offline Iggford

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 09:53:24 AM »
I checked my rack last night, and the outer posts are a bit shorter than the middle uprights.  I have the cross bar on the left side a bit lower, and the module pipe mounted as close to the top of the left upright as possible.  I still find that it's a perfect height for me.  It doesn't seem any lower than my DM10 was.

I hope this helps at least some!

--
Shawn

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 06:41:27 PM »
Have you checked the box contents list?

http://5a18fcdc5c8aa2617926-54d68a14e2e7c1f76563a2d8c3e9fd82.r82.cf2.rackcdn.com/1550/documents/Strike%20Pro%20Kit%20-%20Box%20Contents%20Sheet%20-%20v1.0.pdf
Hi thanks for the link. Yeh i checked that. It says 3xD 1xE for the pro. Its wrong! The non pro has 2xD and 2xE. If E has no cymbal holes then there are no E legs in the pro.  Its a bit confusing to me but ive done as Shawn says bellow. Thnx

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 06:50:11 PM »
I checked my rack last night, and the outer posts are a bit shorter than the middle uprights.  I have the cross bar on the left side a bit lower, and the module pipe mounted as close to the top of the left upright as possible.  I still find that it's a perfect height for me.  It doesn't seem any lower than my DM10 was.

I hope this helps at least some!

--
Shawn
Thanks Shawn.  Ive done the same now. Before, I had the left bar high so the module was on the arm lower. I swapped so the bar was on the lower brace instead. All good now.

Thanks  :)

Offline Iggford

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 09:35:52 AM »
Glad you got it worked out!

--
Shawn

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 10:10:12 AM »
OMG this is a good piece of kit !

Took me 50+ years to get there but I am now playing drums!!!! (well sort of -  better than expected actually...this kit almost plays itself.)

Big Grin :) :D ;D :o 8) :P

Offline Iggford

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 10:55:14 AM »
I absolutely love mine!  I upgraded from a DM10 Studio kit back in February, and I am amazed at how this kit looks and plays.  I loved my DM10, and still use it in my band's practice studio, but I've used my Strike on stage for five shows now.  The attention it has gotten and the amazing sound it produces amazes me every time.

--
Shawn