Author Topic: Cymbal inputs  (Read 918 times)

Cymbal inputs
« on: September 12, 2022, 10:21:41 PM »
Hello,
I recently got an Alesis DM10 MKii Pro and the cymbals have two inputs.  On one of the inputs the prior owner had a blank plugged into it (no cable, just a terminated jack), and the other one has the cable plugged into it.  I can't find much info on this.  Will this still allow the cymbals to be dual zone?  Is there supposed to be another jack plugged into this (connected to the module)? 
Thanks for any information on this.

Offline Chaser

Re: Cymbal inputs
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 10:38:40 PM »
Hello,
I recently got an Alesis DM10 MKii Pro and the cymbals have two inputs.  On one of the inputs the prior owner had a blank plugged into it (no cable, just a terminated jack), and the other one has the cable plugged into it.  I can't find much info on this.  Will this still allow the cymbals to be dual zone?  Is there supposed to be another jack plugged into this (connected to the module)? 
Thanks for any information on this.

Welcome to the Forum !

The DM10 MKII Pro uses a 2 cable Triple Zone (3) Ride Cymbal...there are 2 Ride cables in the DB25 Harness..Ride1 and Ride2 (both Green).The previous owner probably wanted to add another cymbal/ trigger since the DM10 MKII Pro allows a trigger on each cable and you can assign a different articulation/sample whereas most modules using a 2 cable ride , you have to use both inputs on the module as the Ride is in a circuit.The Original DM10 had an option to select a dual or triple zone Ride..The DM10 MKII Pro and the STRIKE modules don't have this option.2 cable Ride Cymbals have to have both cables connected or a dummy plug in one of the outputs to complete the circuit otherwise the cymbal won't function and depending on which output has the plug determines which combination/zones will work.