Author Topic: Nitro Mesh DM7X module does not send midi note info  (Read 531 times)

Nitro Mesh DM7X module does not send midi note info
« on: July 11, 2022, 06:27:30 PM »
Hello, all.  I have seen this issue on this forum in the past but not for quite a while.  I'm wondering if anybody out there has found a solution.

The Nitro Module is detected by Windows and by my drum synth programs, but it does not send midi note data. 

I have tested it on multiple Windows 10 PCs using multiple ASIO drivers. 

I have tested it with multiple drum synths including Session Drummer and SI Drums in Cakewalk, and IK Multimedia MODO Drum and SampleTank 4. 

I have used multiple midi testers including Midi-OX and some other online sources that I can't remember. 

I have connected the Nitro module midi in/out to my SR-16, and the SR-16 will trigger the the sounds in the Nitro Module, but the Nitro will not trigger the sounds in the SR-16. 

I have found that the Nitro Module will send tempo/clock start/stop data.  Midi-OX shows constant clock data transmitting and does respond to Play/Stop commands from the Nitro. 

The Nitro Module will control play/stop and tempo on the SR-16 so I can play SR-16 patterns using the Start/Stop button and tempo settings on the Nitro. 

After about 6 years of owning the original Nitro-8 Kit, I have just purchased the Nitro Mesh Kit which has the same module.  The new module shows exactly the same behavior.  It is most definitely not an issue with USB 1.0/2.0/3.0 cables or settings in the Nitro Module (there is only 1 setting that comes into play, and it can only be set to ON or OFF).

I have had a ticket open with InMusic for a while, without a response.

Has ANYONE figured this out?  Is the Nitro just not compatible with Windows 10, somehow?

For my purposes, the audio out from the Nitro is sufficient, but I would much rather use the sounds in MODO drum if possible.

Thank you all for your help.