Author Topic: DM10 : Headphones out  (Read 3780 times)

XavierP56

DM10 : Headphones out
« on: December 11, 2010, 11:46:52 AM »
Hi,

I was able to try a DM10 Studio in a shop. The headphones out was bad, really bad : Hiss, some GrrrGrrr.

I suspect the headset was faulty but others drumkit like the TD9 were working OK - not great - with this headset.

I guess the module did not like the headset's impendancy.

I'd like to have user feedback on the headphones out. How is the quality ? Can it be loud enough ?

Online Hellfire

Re: DM10 : Headphones out
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 11:50:12 AM »
Hi,

I was able to try a DM10 Studio in a shop. The headphones out was bad, really bad : Hiss, some GrrrGrrr.

I suspect the headset was faulty but others drumkit like the TD9 were working OK - not great - with this headset.

I guess the module did not like the headset's impendancy.

I'd like to have user feedback on the headphones out. How is the quality ? Can it be loud enough ?
It sounds to me, the unit you were using was abused a little too much. The headphone out on the DM10 is very clear and it is plenty loud. Please keep in mind that the type and quality of the headphones make a big difference in sound. I hope that helps.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 11:55:17 AM by Hellfire »

XavierP56

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »
Yes, I think the headsadet was pretty poor. Even the 2Box did sound bad with it.

What worries me is that the DM10 Headphones out was full of hiss, some GrrGrrGrr. Faulty module ?

Thanks for confirming that headphones out works OK.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 12:18:49 PM »
I just used the DM10 headphones out for awhile with shure in-ear and regular AKG headphones and both worked and sounded great! I use them quite a bit.
E-drum setup: Alesis DM10 Module, S&S Industries Stinger XL snare & Stinger P1 toms, Alesis DMPad cymbals, Roland PD-8 & KD-7, Gibraltar rack/hardware, Tama hardware, Hart Maxxum/Magnum Mesh Heads, Roland KC-350 amp, Audio Technica ATH-M50s headphones

XavierP56

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 01:30:02 PM »
Thanks !

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 02:23:58 PM »
Hi folks I'm new here and a very pleased owner of a new DM10 Studio. This very thing caught me out earlier today - lots of fizzing and popping from the headphones. 10 minutes of concern until I realised it was an un connected 3.5mm jack cable from the aux in!
As HF says the sound quality is actually fantastic!