Author Topic: Need help with dead Trigger iO  (Read 1317 times)

Need help with dead Trigger iO
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:19:36 AM »
Hello to you all !

First post here, since it's the first time I need help with an Alesis product :)
I just "bought" a Trigger iO module (meaning it came with a clamp and baseplate that i needed for my samplepad, and the supposedly worrect power adapter). The guy said it just stopped working one day.
The thing is... the power adapter he gave me with it is a standard 9V... DC ! The Trigger iO accepts only 9V AC or usb power, I'm guessing he plugged it with it and it stopped, but he just won't answer my messages now, nevermind :)

Since I'm not new at trying to fix stuff (including simple electronic stuff like testing or changing electronic parts) I'm trying to bring it back to life.

Here are the things I know, for now :
- I don't have a 9V AC adapter right now, I ordered one and I'll get it in a few days hopefully
- it won't turn on using the USB cable and it isn't recognized by my computer
- nothing looks burnt or cooked on the inside
- the solders look very good, nothing looks like it moves (i checked with a mignifying glass and lots of light)
- I tested the first diodes next to the power adapter socket (I took them off the pcb) and they're ok
- the only strange ting I noticed if a 50kohm resistor that looks like it's been soldered by someone and didn't came out of the factory like that. It's a clean solder between two surface mounted capacitors (C59 and C61, on the 3/HIHAT and 4/RIDE "column")

Does anybody know a bit about this ? Any schematics available ?
Any help would be sincererely appriciated.

I'm sorry if my english is a little clumsy (bonjour !) and if I didn't find the info I'm asking for on the forum (I did look for it and searched but I could have missed something).

Thanks a lot !

Re: Need help with dead Trigger iO
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 03:31:00 AM »
Hello

I contacted the alesis customer support and they sent me the Trigger io service manuals, here they are attached to this message.
Btw if an admin could tadd them to the "sticky" post, maybe people could find them more easily.

One problem though, the manuals don't say what I'm supposed to measure on the test points... and that's weird.

Anyway, I still haven't received the good adapter (I receive the wrong one actuelly...), si I still can't test anything but if someone has a clue for me, that'd be nice !

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 08:32:38 AM »
Alesis Trigger io Service manual part 1/3

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 08:33:02 AM »
Alesis Trigger io Service manual part 2/3

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 08:36:34 AM »
Alesis Trigger io Service manual part 3/3

Had to split the file, it wouldn't load otherwise.

In the meantime I took out the stawoway resostir, and tested a few easy test points (ones with clear coltage or mass) and found a weird voltage coming from a chip, which tunred out to be overheating a lot (U9, a C8051F345 chip), so I ordered it. I'll be back with the results (if anyone's interested !).

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 06:40:27 PM »
Thanks a lot matlevo12 for uploading alesis trigger io service manual, it helped me in solving my problems