Author Topic: RealHead Kick Pad does not include stand  (Read 4887 times)

Offline Burtmeister

RealHead Kick Pad does not include stand
« on: June 25, 2010, 11:33:03 PM »
Just so everyone knows, if you intend on purchasing another RealHead Kick Pad instead of a double pedal, most stores only sell the pad itself, with no stand, for $149. Yet if you get it from Alesis website that price will get you the stand too. I just confirmed it with a rather rude person at AMS.  :-\ This is also the case at Sweetwater and Zzounds. I'm just wondering what I'm supposed to do with a pad and no stand to put it on? I happen to have two single drum pedals and it turns out it's cheaper for me to just buy another kickpad instead of a nice double pedal setup.

Oops, just realized there was a better category for to be in. Mods please move if need be.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:54:41 PM by Burtmeister »

Offline Rev2010

Re: RealHead Kick Pad does not include stand
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 11:59:23 AM »
Well, I always do my ordering from MusiciansFriend, and they list the stand is included:

http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-RealHead-Kick-Pad?sku=712764

So does GuitarCenter:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Alesis-RealHead-Kick-Pad-712764-i1522250.gc

Rev.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 12:56:10 PM »
Just so everyone knows, if you intend on purchasing another RealHead Kick Pad instead of a double pedal, most stores only sell the pad itself, with no stand, for $149. Yet if you get it from Alesis website that price will get you the stand too. I just confirmed it with a rather rude person at AMS.  :-\ This is also the case at Sweetwater and Zzounds. I'm just wondering what I'm supposed to do with a pad and no stand to put it on? I happen to have two single drum pedals and it turns out it's cheaper for me to just buy another kickpad instead of a nice double pedal setup.

Oops, just realized there was a better category for to be in. Mods please move if need be.
Sorry to hear about your kick. Will AMS take it back?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 01:09:28 PM by Hellfire »

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 01:48:31 PM »
"Sorry to hear about your kick. Will AMS take it back?"

Oh no, I didn't get as far as ordering it. I was just going to but noticed nowhere in the description does it state anything about the kickstand. That's why I was inquiring. It just seems odd to me that they would sell the pad without the stand.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 01:50:21 PM by Burtmeister »

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 01:52:06 PM »
Well, I always do my ordering from MusiciansFriend, and they list the stand is included:

http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-RealHead-Kick-Pad?sku=712764

So does GuitarCenter:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Alesis-RealHead-Kick-Pad-712764-i1522250.gc

Rev.

Cool, thanks for the info. Of course, those would be the two places I didn't look.

Offline Bobby@NEMS

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 06:47:21 AM »
Yeah that seems kinda weird tbh.

I've drop-shipped a few from Alesis and no one has mentioned that issue.
Bobby D.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 01:29:06 PM »
If you look at the alesis kickpad,  it is not like the other pads,  but mounted on a stand.  The stand is PART of the shell,  and is not removeable.  In other words,  you WILL get the stand with the pad,  or the pad you're buying is NOT the kick pad. 

Sounds like the rep you talked to just didn't understand what you meant,  or was not familiar with the product. 

Offline Burtmeister

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 11:47:22 PM »
Sounds like the rep you talked to just didn't understand what you meant,  or was not familiar with the product.

I'm pretty sure you're right on that. It just amazes me that the 3 places I contacted said it did not come with the stand. I'm pretty confident now that if I ordered from one of them the stand would be included. But I have already ordered from another so I don't have to be the guinea pig to find out.  ;D

Offline Bobby@NEMS

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 11:13:26 AM »
I actually ordered one in the other day to ship off to a n international customer and it's got an integrated stand similar to the Yamaha KP-65.

Not really sure what that rep was or wasn't smoking :-)
Bobby D.

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »
If you look at the alesis kickpad,  it is not like the other pads,  but mounted on a stand.

When ordered this is true, but I will say that I have successfully switched out an 8" tom pad for the kick when I needed to, and while it was overkill having a dual zone kick pad, it got me through practice when I busted the kick pad. :)
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

Offline Guinness

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 02:39:39 PM »
.... it got me through practice when I busted the kick pad. :)

how did you do that?