Author Topic: Dead Realhat pedal  (Read 850 times)

Dead Realhat pedal
« on: April 10, 2021, 07:45:43 PM »
About 6 months in of playing with my command x kit, after buying brand new, my realhat pedal just up and randomly died. By that I mean there's 0 triggering in the module. My hi hat just remains open no matter how much I try to press the pedal, and nothing is coming up under the trigger menu.

I checked continuity between on the cable to the DB25 connector which turned out good. I can confirm the change in resistance from the pedal itself that should be in working order. Did a full trigger reset on the module and so far no dice. I opened the pedal and so far everything is connected, nothing is missing or out of place. Should I just buy another pedal or attempt to go through Alesis support, or is there an actual fix that works?

Offline Chaser

Re: Dead Realhat pedal
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 11:40:08 PM »
About 6 months in of playing with my command x kit, after buying brand new, my realhat pedal just up and randomly died. By that I mean there's 0 triggering in the module. My hi hat just remains open no matter how much I try to press the pedal, and nothing is coming up under the trigger menu.

I checked continuity between on the cable to the DB25 connector which turned out good. I can confirm the change in resistance from the pedal itself that should be in working order. Did a full trigger reset on the module and so far no dice. I opened the pedal and so far everything is connected, nothing is missing or out of place. Should I just buy another pedal or attempt to go through Alesis support, or is there an actual fix that works?

The Command/Crimson/II/DM10 MKII Studio/Forge are based on the Medeli DD650.
Did you do a soft reset from the menu?..or a Hard reset?..(Press the [<] and [>] buttons simultaneously..while powering on..Until the LCD displays “FactoryResetting...)
If the problem still remains and as you stated the DB25 connector tested good and the pedal shows it's working also...Try the Pad Test.(it's not in any manual/user guide).

Module Tests ...press and hold Down+Up buttons simultaneously while powering on ..you'll see the main menu ...pad test is #2..To get out of any of the tests..press exit it and return to the main menu..then power down..

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 02:02:25 PM »
Tried all of your suggestions, so far no dice. Still confirming on the 1/4 hi hat control jack to the DB25 that pins 25 and 12 still have good continuity. Just to test if it would at least chic, tried plugging other pads into the hi hat control and still no trigger. I'm doubting its the snake harness and the pedal, that all leaves the module. Is there any specific testing procedures you recommend to 100% rule out the cable and the pedal?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 03:54:45 PM »
Tried all of your suggestions, so far no dice. Still confirming on the 1/4 hi hat control jack to the DB25 that pins 25 and 12 still have good continuity. Just to test if it would at least chic, tried plugging other pads into the hi hat control and still no trigger. I'm doubting its the snake harness and the pedal, that all leaves the module. Is there any specific testing procedures you recommend to 100% rule out the cable and the pedal?

The Pad tests (separate from the main OS..that is why you see "booting") should have confirmed if the Hi Hat controller is working or not..you would have seen HH-P and a Value.
The Value changes depending on how hard you press the pedal and you must strike another trigger like the Hi Hat to clear it each time.
The Hi Hat controller input is expecting a variable signal not a piezo Note On/Off.
The only other way to test if it's the cable or the pedal is to use a known working pedal..