Author Topic: Shorten the Strike Pro SE Bass Drum?  (Read 1310 times)

Shorten the Strike Pro SE Bass Drum?
« on: December 12, 2020, 08:01:18 PM »
Hello, probably not the right place to ask this, sorry if not.

One thing that's stopping me from buying a Strike Pro SE is the depth of the kick. I need to fit it into a room with lots of width space but limited depth...

Has anyone got any pictures or dimensions or details of the trigger setup inside the kick?
Maybe I can cut the shell down by say 4 or 5 or 6 inches, preferably the batter side? to leave spur mounts in-tact, and re-mount trigger and cables, to reduce its depth?

Its not a question of my ability, I have gear to cut shells and bearing edges etc, but of the contents/mounting of the trigger stuff inside.
Many thanks in advance if anyone has any info.

If I could buy the non-se kit with chrome hardware and smaller kick, but with all of the improvements, I would.
Do it Alesis... as an option :)

Offline Chaser

Re: Shorten the Strike Pro SE Bass Drum?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 09:17:24 PM »
Hello, probably not the right place to ask this, sorry if not.

One thing that's stopping me from buying a Strike Pro SE is the depth of the kick. I need to fit it into a room with lots of width space but limited depth...

Has anyone got any pictures or dimensions or details of the trigger setup inside the kick?
Maybe I can cut the shell down by say 4 or 5 or 6 inches, preferably the batter side? to leave spur mounts in-tact, and re-mount trigger and cables, to reduce its depth?

Its not a question of my ability, I have gear to cut shells and bearing edges etc, but of the contents/mounting of the trigger stuff inside.
Many thanks in advance if anyone has any info.

If I could buy the non-se kit with chrome hardware and smaller kick, but with all of the improvements, I would.
Do it Alesis... as an option :)

I don't think too many users have taken them apart yet for repair etc..
I have images (attached) that show an outline of a tower mounted inside connected to 2 top lugs and 2 bottom lugs so you would have to make sure you measure/redrill for the lugs accordingly so the mesh head makes contact.

EDIT:
Added new images with a kit that had Back Lighting...you can see the trigger and how it's mounted.
I'ts basically a giant crossbar/piezo setup...

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 11:30:28 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 07:42:30 PM »
perfect, exactly what I wanted to see, thank you very much Chaser!

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 07:08:46 PM »
Chaser, wow, professional photography! That setup looks mighty fine!
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 11:39:02 AM »
Chaser, wow, professional photography! That setup looks mighty fine!

The pics are from a reviewer when it first came out.I try to save pics or info of interest that might be of use later on...
Here is another example..Tim Root is the drummer..

NAMM 2016...check out the cymbals..Pre-Rubber..never seen or found a set since