Author Topic: Alesis Strike Pro 16' Triple Zone Ride for DM10 Studio Kit - Will it WORK?  (Read 1661 times)

Dear Experts,

My DM10 ride is not working anymore. The Bell is not longer working. Planning to get a replacement Ride.
Wanted to know if Strike Pro's ride is compatible with DM10 Studio.

Please share your valuable advice.

Thank You
Luke

Offline Chaser

Dear Experts,

My DM10 ride is not working anymore. The Bell is not longer working. Planning to get a replacement Ride.
Wanted to know if Strike Pro's ride is compatible with DM10 Studio.

Please share your valuable advice.

Thank You
Luke

You shouldn't have any problem.
This cymbal works as a triple zone w/Choke with Ride1 and Ride2 inputs running two TRS/Stereo cables from the cymbal to module Ride1 and Ride2 inputs, you get Bell,Bow,Edge triggering, and the Choke capability.

As it sits on a stand , (left output) is (A)Bell/Bow..(right output) is (B)Edge/Choke.
You can also use this cymbal as a dual trigger cymbal with a single TRS/stereo cable and 1/8"-1/4" headphone adapter or dummy plug(TRS).

If you insert TRS cable into A, the adapter/dummy plug in B,Bell and Bow triggers work separately, but you get no Edge and no Choke.
Insert Adapter/dummy plug into A,cable into B you get Edge/Choke,but no Bell or Bow.

You always need something in B,whether it's a dummy plug or a TRS cable to the module.

Offline rhysT

A simple way to make the bell sound available on your DM10 ride is by swapping its cables (1 & 2) at the module or cymbal which exchanges the bell and edge sounds between each others default zones.
I prefer triggering the bell sound/s on the wider edge zone and easily alternating with the bow zone.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 12:29:22 AM by rhysT »

Offline Iggford

Just as an extra voice on it, yes the Strike ride will work just fine with the DM10.  My original Strike ride had a dead edge, so I got a replacement.  I use the original one on my DM10 practice kit with no issues.  I don't mind the edge not triggering for the practice kit, so no loss.

--
Shawn

Offline Dartanbeck

A simple way to make the bell sound available on your DM10 ride is by swapping its cables (1 & 2) at the module or cymbal which exchanges the bell and edge sounds between each others default zones.
I prefer triggering the bell sound/s on the wider edge zone and easily alternating with the bow zone.
Holy Cow! I have to try that! Thanks rhysT!!!

Just as an extra voice on it, yes the Strike ride will work just fine with the DM10.  My original Strike ride had a dead edge, so I got a replacement.  I use the original one on my DM10 practice kit with no issues.  I don't mind the edge not triggering for the practice kit, so no loss.
--
Shawn
I wonder how maintainable those cymbals are. I'm afraid to take one of mine apart until something goes wrong... but I have a feeling that the bow piezo is fine, just a loose/disconnected wire. Should be an easy fix for a free cymbal that works as expected(?).
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist