Author Topic: Tuning heads?  (Read 2153 times)

Tuning heads?
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:40:35 PM »
Since I am new to playing edrums, do I need to tune the heads on my new DM10 studio kit? Thanks

Re: Tuning heads?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 01:34:29 PM »
You dont nessasarily need to tune them but you can tighten or loosen them for a different feel on the heads.
Alesis DM10 Studio /w pearl mesh heads, Alesis Trigger I/O, Mapex Falcon double pedal, Roc N Soc throne, Vic Firth sticks, Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry expansion, Sonar 1x Studio

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules"

Offline Jermdog

Re: Tuning heads?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 02:49:32 PM »
No tuning is necessary for the actual drum head.  As stongej2002 said, tighten and loosen for feel.  You may need to "tune" the drums in the module based on the type of music you play for custom kits and/or if you have more than the standard amount of triggers.

Easy to do using the manual and editing the triggers though.  If you're looking for information on the scale you should tune to, I would say to look up circle of fifths or fourths - say, if you had more than 4 toms...
Strike Pro, Dm10, Zildjian Gen 16 hats, xhats and garbage cymbals, Kit Toys chinas, crash and splashes, jam dock, mixer, custom 13" tom, alesis, drum workshop and various hardware.