Author Topic: RealHat Hi-hat Pedal vs. DM Hi-hat Pedal  (Read 4341 times)

RealHat Hi-hat Pedal vs. DM Hi-hat Pedal
« on: May 16, 2011, 05:16:58 PM »
I have a new DM10 Module that I'm using with my diy kit.  The cymbals are Pintech, but I'm not happy with the Visu-lite hi-hat pedal controller.  I'm using a Sound Percussion stand.  Can someone tell me the difference between the Alesis branded RealHat and the DM Hi-hat pedals?  Will they both work with the DM10?  They are both sold for $79 thru MF, GC, etc.  Thanks!
Old Guy / Noob - Currently building DIY edrums. Pearl Export Series acoustic set, Zildjian cymbals. Rush and Styx are my favs.

Offline raptor

Re: RealHat Hi-hat Pedal vs. DM Hi-hat Pedal
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 11:13:48 AM »
I have a new DM10 Module that I'm using with my diy kit.  The cymbals are Pintech, but I'm not happy with the Visu-lite hi-hat pedal controller.  I'm using a Sound Percussion stand.  Can someone tell me the difference between the Alesis branded RealHat and the DM Hi-hat pedals?  Will they both work with the DM10?  They are both sold for $79 thru MF, GC, etc.  Thanks!

You want the Alesis RealHat pedal. This pedal will give you continuous variable hihat function. The DM HiHat pedal will only give you open and closed.

Re: RealHat Hi-hat Pedal vs. DM Hi-hat Pedal
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 03:44:41 PM »
Thanks, Raptor.
Old Guy / Noob - Currently building DIY edrums. Pearl Export Series acoustic set, Zildjian cymbals. Rush and Styx are my favs.