Author Topic: Question about dmhat and other hihat controllers  (Read 2746 times)

Offline ks

Question about dmhat and other hihat controllers
« on: February 15, 2011, 02:01:05 AM »
Hello, i am thinking about purchasing performance pad for home practising and fun, and i have a dilema - to buy kick pad and double pedal for bass drum, or two dmhat pedals will do the work for bass and hat - second variant is much cheaper. My question is - how real are alesis hat pedals like dmhat to play? Does anyone use dmhat for bassdrum trigger? Will i skrew my technik, is dmhat near to bassdrum pedals as feeling? And is it velocity-sensitive? Thanks for the attention and excuses for bad english!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 02:10:32 PM by ks »

Re: Question about dmhat and other hihat controllers
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:10:43 AM »
I dont know if the dmhat pedal will work as a bass trigger, but I can tell you it is a COMPLETELY different feel. In my opinion, that will effect technique if you use it for practice with the plan to eventually move to a real bass pedal.
Stock DM10 Studio kit for now

Offline ks

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 02:09:48 PM »
Thanks a lot! My opinion is the same, it seems, that i have to stop cigarettes to save some cash..:]
Alesis says in the webpage, that "You can also use the DMHat Pedal as a bass drum trigger for modules that have switch inputs including the ControlPad and PerformancePad". Sounds nice, but now i`m convinced, not for serious drumers.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:33:20 AM »
I tried setting my dmhat up as a bass pedal when I first got my kit.  Didn't have the feel of a bass drum or a bass pedal so I ended up buying a double bass pedal and using that.  Hope this helps.