Author Topic: Question about using different rack for DM10  (Read 2644 times)

Question about using different rack for DM10
« on: January 15, 2011, 02:03:37 PM »
I hate the rack that came with my kit and just think I need something more basic and sturdy. And now Alesis has come out with a better rack for the DM10 studio.

Has anyone mounted their their pads and module to an ordinary drum rack? Are their clamps to convert these current ones somehow (if thats even needed)

also...I kind of like the Pearl DR-80 rack with the square tubing and was wondering how I could mount these pads to those clamps and still be able to have not much restriction on adjustments.

The only drawback of round tubing is my toms sliding. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and information on where to get any parts.

I would even consider using a standard snare holder for the snare pad.

scottdiver

Re: Question about using different rack for DM10
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:44:41 AM »
I mounted my kit to a Gibraltar rack and use the standard clamps to mount the pads with no trouble. If you look for the topic "My Kit" by me under Sight and Sound, you can see picks of the set-up.

Re: Question about using different rack for DM10
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 07:36:47 PM »
I use a Pearl rack with my kit. I bought some of the pivot clamps to I could position the pads in a comfortable manner. I use the side arms of the stealth rack still but plan on changing that when I get around to buying a few more clamps. The setup works really well for me. I can snap a few up close pics and post them here if you are interested.
As of now: DM10 Studio Kit with additional SURGE cymbals and DM5 pads.
Pearl ICON front rack with Stealth rack front curved bars for side rack arms
Vic Firth Sticks and MacBook for VST triggering.