Author Topic: New Nitro Mesh MIDI Questions  (Read 867 times)

New Nitro Mesh MIDI Questions
« on: February 23, 2021, 04:36:38 PM »
I just purchased a Nitro Mesh Special Edition 10 piece kit and plan to connect it to my PC via MIDI to use it with EZDrummer 2. I can hook it up via USB or I do have an interface (Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD). Can anyone tell me if there would be any advantage in using the interface instead of USB? Also, one other (probaby stupid) question. Would the audio come out of the PC or would it feed back into the drum module?

Offline Chaser

Re: New Nitro Mesh MIDI Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 06:30:12 PM »
I just purchased a Nitro Mesh Special Edition 10 piece kit and plan to connect it to my PC via MIDI to use it with EZDrummer 2. I can hook it up via USB or I do have an interface (Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD). Can anyone tell me if there would be any advantage in using the interface instead of USB? Also, one other (probaby stupid) question. Would the audio come out of the PC or would it feed back into the drum module?

Welcome to the forum

USB is only MIDI...as is the 5 PIN..NO audio..
It's always best to use an audio interface if possible.Computer Souncards , especially Laptops don't have the greatest soundcards and it frees up computer resources to be used for the software/DAW etc especially if you plan on recording the kits directly from the module or other instruments into the computer.
The Interface would connect using USB and the module to the interface using 5 Pin MIDI.
The interface would then become the MIDI device in EZDrummer or which ever software you use.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 03:53:23 PM »
So then I would go PC to mixer and/or PA. Correct?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 05:10:52 PM »
So then I would go PC to mixer and/or PA. Correct?
No...If you are using an audio interface you are replacing the computer sound card.The computer resources are then dedicated to the software.
The Interface is now the sound card and you connect that to a mixer/PA.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 12:12:05 AM »
I was running the audio from the Nitro Module USB into my laptop and then running a 1/4 cable from the headphones out to the PA. This gave me a ton of latency. Are you saying that if I go "Old School MIDI" straight into an audio interface, and monitor the audio from the interface, this may improve the latency?

I've been recording with microphones and D/I for a decade, but I am brand new to MIDI. Aside form latency, the only other issue I have is the pads seem to be mostly correct in SSD5, but there are still a few off. Will I have to manually reassign these? I am finding out MIDI is not as easy as just plugin in a guitar or micing an amp!