Author Topic: goedrum??  (Read 9419 times)

goedrum??
« on: April 24, 2015, 03:00:23 PM »
Has anyone seen or even own a goedrum kit. I found them on ebay and they have a nice dual zone conversion kit for just $18 and really nice electric pads with all hardware 3 zone cymbals real hi hat for around $2000 which imo is great and the pads work with roland. So i would buy it and sell the module to invest in a roland module. Go to ebay and check goedrum let me know your opinions

Offline Khes74

Re: goedrum??
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 03:22:50 PM »
Has anyone seen or even own a goedrum kit. I found them on ebay and they have a nice dual zone conversion kit for just $18 and really nice electric pads with all hardware 3 zone cymbals real hi hat for around $2000 which imo is great and the pads work with roland. So i would buy it and sell the module to invest in a roland module. Go to ebay and check goedrum let me know your opinions

They are company based overseas, I wouldn't recommend buying overseas. Their drums look like they copied(or are the copiers of XM drums cymbals and drums. I don't think XM has the best reviews) of another Tiw If you want a conversion kit go with Pintech(IF you in the U.S.A).  If you are in Europe try Triggera's intrigg, 682 drums or Drum-Tec.  As for Roland module, why exactly do you want one?

Offline Sal

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 03:51:18 PM »
Yeah we found them a while back: http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=5934.0

They have some really interesting setups, but no one round here has ever played them.
Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 06:33:39 PM »
I think the xm drums look cheesy these look better built and more pro to me. I dont like pintech too much i seen there conversion kits...problem is converting a full size kit still produces sound in the shell wrn u hit the mesh head. Thats y im guessing electric pads arent more than 5" deep. I like roland cause imo there sounds are more realistic and has more dynamics.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 06:36:31 PM »
My plan is to get these goedrums and add the new roland td25 module to it

Offline Khes74

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 01:39:34 PM »
I think the xm drums look cheesy these look better built and more pro to me. I dont like pintech too much i seen there conversion kits...problem is converting a full size kit still produces sound in the shell wrn u hit the mesh head. Thats y im guessing electric pads arent more than 5" deep. I like roland cause imo there sounds are more realistic and has more dynamics.

I strongly advise NOT to get an oversea product. . What happens if something breaks? How do you think the customer support is? Would you have to send the drum or cymbal back to Taiwan to get it fixed? How much do you think the freight will cost to ship to Taiwan or whatever Country they are located in?

Looks can be deceiving, Just cause a drum has a nice finish doesn't mean it's a quality drum.

You can buy 10x5 and 12x5 snare drums like this and have Pintech convert them to single or dual zone toms. And we all know you can find a real sized 14x5 snare drum. As for the Kick. You can buy a Keller Drum  Shell 18x14 or whatever size shell and the needed hardware( lugs, hoops, tension rods) and have Pintech convert.

You can stick mesh heads on both the batter and resonant heads to eliminate all noise if you are using a full sized acoustic shell.

Would you rather have a known trusted company within your own country, or oversea support from a company with no reviews?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:41:29 PM by Khes74 »

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 11:16:16 PM »
I have bought from GoEdrums and they were absolutely wonderful to deal with - from here in New Zealand.

Admittedly I only bought some L rods and clamps etc to hang all my extra toms etc...

They are obviously a brand new company and were having their own teething troubles - but handled it beautifully when I alerted them to a problem with their stock.

They have the right attitude to succeed... I wish them well... Would definitely buy from them again.

Offline Sharkuel

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 07:15:58 AM »
Well i have bought them some triggers (just two piezos on a stereo jack) here in Portugal, and i have no quirrels with them whatsoever. They work pretty well, i used them to convert my snare and toms.

They have a DIY mindset, like 2Box. That's cool, and rare :)
Megadrum 32 inputs with positional sensing add-on.

Cone centered DIY triggers in snare and toms.

8" racktom
10" racktom
12" racktom
14" floortom

Roland VH13
Lemon Cymbals

"Life is short, death is near, but one's word lives forever

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 12:20:42 PM »
Yea they seem pretty solid and stage worthy. As soon as i sell a few of my diy kits i will invest in a set