Author Topic: Roland cy-5 hi-hats vs Pro X hi-hats  (Read 2565 times)

Roland cy-5 hi-hats vs Pro X hi-hats
« on: April 03, 2015, 05:58:00 PM »
Does any one know if the Roland cy-5 hi-hats are worth buying, and if so are they compatible with the dm10?

Offline Chaser

Re: Roland cy-5 hi-hats vs Pro X hi-hats
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 07:00:17 PM »

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 07:26:19 PM »
Thank you Chaser. Did not know there was cy-8 hi-hat. will look into it.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 11:54:42 AM »
Hi Jimmy. I bought the CY-5 for my first ekit as a replacement hi-hat pad and found it only work-ed when I struck it on top, it didn't respond well to hitting on the side (shank?). But it worked great as a splash/crash cymbal. When I got my DM10X the hi-hat cymbal was a nice size and it worked pretty well, and I wasn't impressed with how the Alesis crash choked, but the CY-5 chokes beautifully, so it's my primary crash now and I tend to use it as a splash, china or small crash and it chokes easily with a simple grab anywhere along the choke strip, unlike the Alesis where you seem to have to pinch it really hard in the middle of the strip and even then the reaction is delayed a bit.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers