Author Topic: Woohoo! My Alesis Pro X Hi Hat shipped today :):):)  (Read 3113 times)

Woohoo! My Alesis Pro X Hi Hat shipped today :):):)
« on: August 20, 2014, 11:24:45 PM »
Should have her in two days - stand is prepped and ready.

Re: Woohoo! My Alesis Pro X Hi Hat shipped today :):):)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 01:12:37 PM »
Where did you order from if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks

oh, and "Hi" I'm new here :)

Offline Bones

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »
Where did you order from if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks

oh, and "Hi" I'm new here :)

You can order directly from Alesis at their website.  Mine shipped the next day... this wasn't my post but hopefully the information helps.

http://www.alesis.com/pro-x-hi-hat

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless to resist.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 05:25:19 AM »
I have been trying to buy one for a month... some won't ship outside USA... some will but at twice the price plus hideous shipping costs... and my new hurdle is that i can only pay via paypal... zzsounds won't accept it...

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 09:16:20 AM »
I have been trying to buy one for a month... some won't ship outside USA... some will but at twice the price plus hideous shipping costs... and my new hurdle is that i can only pay via paypal... zzsounds won't accept it...

Have you tried to find an international shipper on eBay?
DM10X mesh/foam conversion, Trigger IO, 8 piece, 7 cymbals, Roland Hi-Hat, Laurin Snare, Roland Rim Trigger, Addictive Drummer 2

Offline Khes74

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 11:51:49 AM »
The Pro-x got horrible reviews. People said it "sounded like trash can lid" was "too loud" issues with playability- "couldn't make a foot splash". There is a thread on it with about 15 pages. You might want to look at.

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 05:19:41 PM »

Have you tried to find an international shipper on eBay?

nobody is selling

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 09:23:50 PM »
I ordered mine in December from www.zzounds.com. They're supposed to have stock by Feb. 18th. However the first back order date was in Jan. but it was pushed back. I guess that can happen again.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 11:13:38 AM »
I should probably start a new thread for this, but just curious for those who've bought the Pro X, has anyone tried it with a VST like Addictive Drums? There have been a lot of complaints about the original continuous pedal that comes with the DM10's, I was one who hated it at first. I got accustomed to it and it works fairly well for me with the module. But a few months ago I bought AD2 and there's a major improvement in the hi-hat sound and response, and I haven't even tried to toy with the midi settings for it. So I'm wondering if the bad reviews the Pro X is getting are only when used with the module, and if it might actually work fairly well if used with Addictive or Superior etc.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Khes74

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 12:57:17 PM »
I should probably start a new thread for this, but just curious for those who've bought the Pro X, has anyone tried it with a VST like Addictive Drums? There have been a lot of complaints about the original continuous pedal that comes with the DM10's, I was one who hated it at first. I got accustomed to it and it works fairly well for me with the module. But a few months ago I bought AD2 and there's a major improvement in the hi-hat sound and response, and I haven't even tried to toy with the midi settings for it. So I'm wondering if the bad reviews the Pro X is getting are only when used with the module, and if it might actually work fairly well if used with Addictive or Superior etc.

It's probably just the module. I mean the HH controller itself may not the best knowing Alesis. Any e-drums require you to spend time on it. the AD2 hi-hats are obviously better. I have the max open at Letter C instead of D. Certain Hi-hats are little differnent for open to close sound. The Saban AAX 14" from Seesion Purcussion doesn't have a good wash. The Zildjian 15" New beat has the same sound on Letter C and D.