Author Topic: Pro X Hi Hat  (Read 6806 times)

Offline gto3113

Re: Pro X Hi Hat
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2014, 11:07:15 PM »
Yes you do. There is a new DM10 upgrade for everything, but not everything needs it.
There is a separate update just for the Hi-hat trigger though.

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 08:56:42 PM »
Anyone have some decent basic settings to try on this yet? I have mine, and played with it a bit, but it is no where near optimized and I am a newbie.
DM10X mesh/foam conversion, Trigger IO, 8 piece, 7 cymbals, Roland Hi-Hat, Laurin Snare, Roland Rim Trigger, Addictive Drummer 2

Offline Sal

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 11:22:10 AM »
Anyone have some decent basic settings to try on this yet? I have mine, and played with it a bit, but it is no where near optimized and I am a newbie.

Basic trigger settings video straight from alesis: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQOZ9orkO00. Not a bad place to start, but there's obviously a lot of fine tuning you can do.
Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

Offline GiulioG10

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2015, 10:09:23 AM »
I know this is a very very old post, but i wonder if someone could help me.
i did what previously said by who made the pro x work but i can't get a closed sound with the felt cymbal pads instead of the spring. Can anyone help me to figure this out?

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 03:15:54 PM »
Have had mine for about a week and am still having trouble getting them to work right!  Cant wait for the video.

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 08:02:17 AM »
Ive just had a tinker with mine (hi hat)

I never used the spring that came with it as it made it hard to clamp it closed, I coincidently  used the felt pads too, in the lower sensor, but have now added more felts (as per previous poster pics)
had a tinker with the sensitivity/ calibration settings (trim10/49)
threshold i knocked down to 4, log4 I think I used so I now get a now
closed noise when i step on the pedal.

I too was disapointed when I first set this up a couple of weeks back, but after a tinker/firmware update (total and hi hat)
its acually doing what I want it to do 98% of the time.

with the extra felts, stick noise is halved (was tempted to put old hi hat on)

I tried using the original hi hat, but due to the lip not touching the three pressure points on the lower hat, it didnt close.

experimenting with bits of rubber pad taped to the upper hat, in the relevant places, made it work (ish).
I was going to tinker with this further, but now the xpro hat is working fine,
I decided just to flog my pedal and hat on eblag  ;)