Author Topic: New Simmons Kit!  (Read 5243 times)

Offline Sam

New Simmons Kit!
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:16:32 AM »
I got excited when the simmons ad in guitar center magazine said the hi-hat is triple zone. Turns out that might not be the case, as no one else is saying its triple or even dual zone. However, this set looks like a step up even from Alesis. Love the rack and the triple zone snare. The kick drum looks nice too. Wish there was a video of these: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/simmons-sd1500-electronic-drum-set-with-blue-metallic-rack?source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CKfq2KrK774CFQIT7AodCT8AOw&kwid=productads-plaid^18283950120-sku^J03467000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^30437382507
Alesis DM8 Pro, 682Drums Mesh Heads, Addictive Drums, Zildjian Gen16 hi-hats

Re: New Simmons Kit!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 05:37:19 PM »
Just tried to look it up on youtube, no vids yet lol but im guessing it sounds close to the sd1000, hope they added some of roland things to it!!! good find though!!
Everything is practice.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:40:36 PM »
Just tried to look it up on youtube, no vids yet lol but im guessing it sounds close to the sd1000, hope they added some of roland things to it!!! good find though!!

if you read the bottom, it is the SD1000 sound module

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 09:55:30 PM »
I got excited when the simmons ad in guitar center magazine said the hi-hat is triple zone. Turns out that might not be the case, as no one else is saying its triple or even dual zone. However, this set looks like a step up even from Alesis. Love the rack and the triple zone snare. The kick drum looks nice too. Wish there was a video of these: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/simmons-sd1500-electronic-drum-set-with-blue-metallic-rack?source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CKfq2KrK774CFQIT7AodCT8AOw&kwid=productads-plaid^18283950120-sku^J03467000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^30437382507

Actually, this is a really good set for the money. I have the SD1000 set, I wish I'd waited for the the SD1500. The rack on this set is heavy duty. It's a hex design similar to the Yamaha hex rack. BTW, it DOES NOT have a three zone hi-hat. That was written poorly. They mean is comes with 2 crash triggers, triple zone ride trigger, and a hi-hat trigger. Not a triple zone ride and hi-hat. The hi-hat is single zone just like most kits in its price range.

Yes it comes with the SD1000 module, but that is a good sounding module. I own it and I use it more than my DM10. I actually have an article on my Hellfiredrums.com website about this kit. You can read about it here:

Simmons SD1500 Electronic Drum Set

Offline Sam

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up Hellfire.
Alesis DM8 Pro, 682Drums Mesh Heads, Addictive Drums, Zildjian Gen16 hi-hats

Offline Khes74

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 10:47:21 AM »
I'm personally trying to find the Kick stand, you know to make a 12" kick pad more sturdy

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 05:37:17 PM »
Dude....are you kidding? That new Simmons kit looks like trash! They have RUBBER PADS!!!! This isn't 1988 with Bobby Z (from Prince) playing "When Does Cry" at the Garden in New York on a Simmons with RUBBER PADS!

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 05:39:47 PM »
Dude....are you kidding? That new Simmons kit looks like trash! They have RUBBER PADS!!!! This isn't 1988 with Bobby Z (from Prince) playing "When Does Cry" at the Garden in New York on a Simmons with RUBBER PADS!
:D
DM10X kit, DW-3K double pedal, DW-3K tractor throne, 5AN VF sticks, Simmons DA200S, PS4 Gold headset.
Mods:
Remo silentstroke mesh conversion with 1/4" charcoal layer added on top of plates.
Sounds:
Bluejay in Module & EZdrummer 2 on laptop

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »
I assume you mean "When Doves Cry". Maybe I missed something. If Rubber Pads are passé why are cymbal triggers still mainly just rubber pads with holes in the middle?

Rubber pads are so 20 years ago. ::) That would be as inane as electric guitars still using steel strings from like 60 years ago.  :o

BTW, welcome to the forum. Please don't hold back how you feel about the new Simmons kit.   ;)

Offline Khes74

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 06:44:38 PM »
I talked to Simmons today. They said that they wouldn't have the whole pad in stock until next year. They also don't sell the kick pad backing individually. Really shame, it would be a good seller for Alesis, Kat and other Simmons users

Offline duffman

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 11:43:20 AM »
I had the SD1500 for about 4 days before I packed it up and sent it back.
I really liked the rack.
Rubber pads.....nots so much.
The deal killer was the module.
Some of the sounds  I liked, the gong was one that comes to mind.
But you can't run the lineouts & USB midi out at the same time. I tried.
The main L&R out would drop out when the USB  cable was inserted.
I called Simmons and got a huge run around. Finally I got a supervisor to tell me that, "Its not meant to work with audio and USB out at the same time."
Oh and zone 3 on floor tom 4 pad, starting & stopping playback of the internal songs....WHAT A PAIN IN THE A@@.
So I am patiently waiting for my DM10X mesh head kit.

Duff
When in trouble or in doubt
Run in circles
Scream and shout