Author Topic: Drum-Tec selling Alesis Mesh conversion kit!  (Read 16746 times)

Offline Sam

Drum-Tec selling Alesis Mesh conversion kit!
« on: January 25, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »
here's the video demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t25rqi1YuGg

You can buy the mesh head conversion kit here:
http://www.drum-tec.de/sets-alesis-c-79_201.html

It looks easier than the hellfire and cone conversion. What do you guys think?
Alesis DM8 Pro, 682Drums Mesh Heads, Addictive Drums, Zildjian Gen16 hi-hats

Offline Bones

Re: Drum-Tec selling Alesis Mesh conversion kit!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 12:39:22 PM »
Actually, I've had my eye on these for awhile now but the problem is they don't ship to the U.S.  :'(
A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless to resist.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 11:35:35 PM »
Actually, I've had my eye on these for awhile now but the problem is they don't ship to the U.S.  :'(

Try contacting them directly, they've shipped products to me in Canada before so I would assume the US would be no problem.
Sonor Select Force Maple, 22x20 Bass, 10x6.5 Tom Tom, 12x7 Tom Tom, 14x12 Floor Tom, 16x14 Floor Tom, Ludwig Black Beauty 14 x 6.5 Snare
Zildjian Kerope Cymbals, 22 Ride, 14 Hats, 18 & 19 Crash
Sonor/Pearl Stands & Pedals

Offline RZ

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 12:44:25 PM »
When I was first looking in to buying the 10X, I also did a lot of research on this mesh head conversion thru Drum-tec.  I emailed them about shipping it here to the States.  The answer was no.

Online Chaser

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »
I believe its not so much about the shipping as it is for patent infringement . Roland holds a patent for an e-drum system that uses a combination of specific design features that includes the use of mesh heads.

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 12:55:32 PM »
Did I do the currency conversion right? 272.19 US Dollar?? Wow that's expensive.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 08:38:21 AM »
Did I do the currency conversion right? 272.19 US Dollar?? Wow that's expensive.

Well, when I was converting my Typhoon (Medeli copy), I did the four 8" pads and the kick drum and I bought Roland 2 ply mesh at about $35 each.. after tax probably close to 200. The Drum-tec conversion includes the cones doesn't it? Larger heads for the DM10's, one more floor tom to do..adds up. I've got the DM10X and imagine with the 10" uppers and three 12" heads as well it'll cost quite a bit.. am holding off a while (was even thinking of going for Hart Dynamics mesh as a possibility).
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Th3R00st3r

th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 11:46:41 PM »
Drum tec is now selling 1ply version to USA: http://www.drum-tec.de/drumtec-upgrade-for-alesis-dm10x-with-pro-meshheads-for-usa-p-2376.html
 2ply version is non-us
DM10X kit, DW-3K double pedal, DW-3K tractor throne, 5AN VF sticks, Simmons DA200S, PS4 Gold headset.
Mods:
Remo silentstroke mesh conversion with 1/4" charcoal layer added on top of plates.
Sounds:
Bluejay in Module & EZdrummer 2 on laptop

Offline Sal

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 01:51:52 PM »
Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

Offline Khes74

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »
all the drum tec conversion looks to be is a thick sheet of neoprene.

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 07:43:26 PM »
Drum tec is now selling 1ply version to USA: http://www.drum-tec.de/drumtec-upgrade-for-alesis-dm10x-with-pro-meshheads-for-usa-p-2376.html
 2ply version is non-us

USD $296? Dang...

I emailed them, they quoted me $280 (not including German vat).

682 drums quoted me $160 for their conversion upgrade (cone style).

I prefer the simple drumtec conversion, but for $160 I might have to hack the pads up for the cone method instead.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:07:18 AM by adrian97c »
DM10X kit, DW-3K double pedal, DW-3K tractor throne, 5AN VF sticks, Simmons DA200S, PS4 Gold headset.
Mods:
Remo silentstroke mesh conversion with 1/4" charcoal layer added on top of plates.
Sounds:

Emiljano

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 09:31:34 AM »
I want to change to drum-tec mesh head but i don't have much money right now.
I asked them if is any chance to buy only the KICK & SNARE mesh head and it was not possible

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 09:33:46 AM »
I want to change to drum-tec mesh head but i don't have much money right now.
I asked them if is any chance to buy only the KICK & SNARE mesh head and it was not possible

Just order similar foam from foambymail.com & pick up Remo mesh heads from your local store. Done!
Mods:
Sounds:

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »
yo adrian, what foam did you buy?

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »
Charcoal foam "regular density" 1/4"
Mods:
Sounds:

Offline Sal

Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 09:02:26 PM »
Do both the cone conversion and foam conversion respond the same? What about how loud each one is? I have the 682 heads and cones, but am behind on getting mine converted. I might just buy the foam if that is easier. However, does that conversion respond and feel worse, the same, or better than the cones, or is this untested?
DM10X mesh/foam conversion, Trigger IO, 8 piece, 7 cymbals, Roland Hi-Hat, Laurin Snare, Roland Rim Trigger, Addictive Drummer 2

Offline Khes74

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 09:30:26 AM »
Do both the cone conversion and foam conversion respond the same? What about how loud each one is? I have the 682 heads and cones, but am behind on getting mine converted. I might just buy the foam if that is easier. However, does that conversion respond and feel worse, the same, or better than the cones, or is this untested?

No, the cone conversion is bouncier. The Drum-tec probably feels more realistic.

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »
Hello  i am new member on the forum. Just bought drumtec head for my snare and bass drum (2 ply) ihave problem with tthe setting Dead spot on the head what setting do hou use.
Thank's

Offline Sal

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 03:03:55 PM »
Hello  i am new member on the forum. Just bought drumtec head for my snare and bass drum (2 ply) ihave problem with tthe setting Dead spot on the head what setting do hou use.
Thank's

Here is a really good BASIC trigger setup video and guide: http://www.noterepeat.com/products/alesis/electronic-percussion/dm10/153-alesis-dm10-quick-start-settings-guide

A lot more may need to be done, but it'll get you most of the way there.

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2015, 11:12:55 PM »
I purchased the single ply black heads from drum-tec. They are much quieter then the stock heads. I wanted the white heads. I think it is a nicer look. But because they are "two ply" they cant sell to US because Roland has a patent on two ply heads. I see Pintech Reaction makes a white mesh head. Has anyone tried them out?

Offline Khes74

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 07:42:45 AM »
I purchased the single ply black heads from drum-tec. They are much quieter then the stock heads. I wanted the white heads. I think it is a nicer look. But because they are "two ply" they cant sell to US because Roland has a patent on two ply heads. I see Pintech Reaction makes a white mesh head. Has anyone tried them out?

Pintech mesh heads were voted the best mesh head in Digital Drummer magazine some number of years ago. Pintech heads are two ply also so they have to pay part of the money to Roland.

Offline Sal

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 09:51:45 AM »
And why they're as expensive as they are...double the price of Remo SIlent Strokes (1-ply).

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 10:35:25 AM »
The 682 cone method ONLY requires you to take scissors and cut a path through the dark foam to pass the wire through when removing that foam, then a simple flip of the plate/trigger, attach cone with double stick that comes with the kit, attach "paper circle" that blacks out the silver plate, attach head and tune.... Done.... Each head is done in 10 minutes or less with the ability to reverse the process if you ever wanted to.... The foam isn't destroyed when removed......Mechanism is left unaltered with the exception of the plate flip.... Their heads are TWO PLY as well.... Really good stuff for the money....
DM10-Pro - expanded
682 Mesh
Addictive Drums 2
Audigy Rx
AKG K240
LiveWire Amp