Author Topic: Alesis Nitro bass pedal  (Read 617 times)

Alesis Nitro bass pedal
« on: March 09, 2021, 11:16:31 AM »
I'm not a drummer but have an Alesis Strike Multipad to record. Having trouble finding a trigger for kick that won't double trigger. Will the Alesis Nitro eliminate the double trigger issue? Thanks.

Offline Chaser

Re: Alesis Nitro bass pedal
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 12:06:48 PM »
I'm not a drummer but have an Alesis Strike Multipad to record. Having trouble finding a trigger for kick that won't double trigger. Will the Alesis Nitro eliminate the double trigger issue? Thanks.

The Nitro Kick pedal is switch type on/off-open/closed.It is also used as a Hi Hat pedal for some kits.
Since it is switch type there will be no dynamics...just a fixed level.

What are you using for your current setup?..Mylar Head?..plastic beater to Mesh Head?..felt beater to patch?..do you have the head so tight it's a "tennis racket" effect?

I presume you are using a kick pedal/pad (Piezo) trigger setup and Trig 1 on the STRIKE Multipad.
Try... Utility>Triggers..under Trigger 1 turn the Retrigger up to 32..as you kick lower the Retrigger until you start to hear a double hit..then raise it up a couple.This will still give you dynamics/velocity without losing any hits.
If there are still problems...
You can also go into the Pad settings...lower the Sensitivity and raise the Threshold..
Threshold is low (default 4) in the Multipad

EDIT: Added STRIKE MULTIPAD USER GUIDE v1.2
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 12:24:50 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 12:43:22 PM »
Thank you for your quick response. I have an Alesis pedal for kick that just uses an on/off switch as well. It's just a pedal, no head at all. I've tried all the parameter adjustments you've recommended with no improvement. Not being a drummer, I'm completely new to the workings of electronic drums. I just want to be able to lay down basic patterns with the Strike Multipad and a trigger for the kick. High-hat trigger might come later. Thanks again for reply and patience with a newbie.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 01:58:20 PM »
Thank you for your quick response. I have an Alesis pedal for kick that just uses an on/off switch as well. It's just a pedal, no head at all. I've tried all the parameter adjustments you've recommended with no improvement. Not being a drummer, I'm completely new to the workings of electronic drums. I just want to be able to lay down basic patterns with the Strike Multipad and a trigger for the kick. High-hat trigger might come later. Thanks again for reply and patience with a newbie.

The settings were for a Piezo type pad..when set to switch there are no settings , you'll see ---

I was able to replicate the double hit using a DMHat pedal..in Trig 1...it would only double hit if you are riding the pedal..(the pedal travel way down or rest your foot on it so the pedal "Floats" at the switch point) and the slightest change in movement up/down double triggers..like holding a momentary switch 1/2 open...you could try and bend the contact tab up so the pedal nearly hits bottom before contact the switch... or simply adjust your technique.
I could also replicate using the Pedal inputs.
The Realhat Pedal worked well...but I don't know how long a softpot would last with the rubber actuator hitting on the same area/spot instead of pressure.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 06:30:13 PM »
Thanks, not being a drummer I had to think about the mechanics of working a pedal and yes, I probably do ride the pedal. I also have nerve damage in both legs that makes them a little slow and clunky, so riding the pedal would probably contribute to a double trigger.