Author Topic: Adding acoustic drum sounds to DM 10 X  (Read 1456 times)

Offline GE

Adding acoustic drum sounds to DM 10 X
« on: June 15, 2020, 12:34:18 PM »
Hi,

Totally new to Alesis Drummer.com

Fairly new to edrums (3 years). Not so new to acoustic drums (40 years on and off).

I have a DM 10 X set/module. I would like to ad some (5-10 acoustic drum sounds to each type (toms, snares, cymbals). I primarily play LedZepplin, Rush, Beatles, ......

I searched/reviewed the information on VSTs, most of these seem to go way beyond what I need.

Is there a simple solution to adding some acoustic drum sounds to my module? Any help appreciated!!!

Offline AlanK

Re: Adding acoustic drum sounds to DM 10 X
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 03:51:11 PM »
Hi GE I've got the DM10X and have been using Addictive Drums for their selection and quality. But when i used the module, I was starting to toy with layering two types of drum voicings to get a fuller sound. You may find that helps, and then adjusting the room/overhead/fx settings as well.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers