Author Topic: Just built my A 2 E - Rim triggering doesn't work  (Read 2058 times)

Just built my A 2 E - Rim triggering doesn't work
« on: January 14, 2018, 04:42:09 AM »
I just finished building my A 2 E and the rims wont trigger. The set is wired so that I would be like a roland pd 125 as i was planning to upgrade to a roland module however, i thought it would still work on my DM10.

Can anyone think of a solution that won't require rewiring?

Offline korakios

Re: Just built my A 2 E - Rim triggering doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 05:13:34 PM »
If it’s a standar piezo/piezo diy it should work on a TRS cable and DM10 inputs .
Fist check that DM10 is set to piezo and not switch mode .

If it’s already , you may have to resolder and swap the tip with the ring.
Before doing that , lower tha zone crosstalk to zero and retrigger to zero ,hit the rim to see if you get sound to confirm this.
Edit :
If the wiring was wrong you can easily check it since the head will produce rim sounds .
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 05:37:29 AM by korakios »

Re: Just built my A 2 E - Rim triggering doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 01:44:48 PM »
yes first check that you are using a TRS cable and not a TS, second, check the settings on your module to see if the rim function is activated, I don't have an Alesis module to check on that but on my module you can disable the rim on the snare and on the toms you can link or unlink the rim from the head (which allows you to use the rim sounds for extra cymbals if you use splitters). I am pretty sure the Alesis module also has dual zone on the toms so you should be able to use the secondary zone to add cymbals as well.