Author Topic: guide to assigning a loop / sample to a pad on Strike Pro  (Read 1188 times)

guide to assigning a loop / sample to a pad on Strike Pro
« on: April 29, 2021, 09:33:31 AM »
Hi all,

I am trying to assign a loop to a pad on the kit so I can play the kit alongside the sample also be able to trigger it and stop it when needed.

when I go to user I can't locate where there loop is stored on the SD card is there a guide or video available.

Much appreciated

Offline Chaser

Re: guide to assigning a loop / sample to a pad on Strike Pro
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 12:41:41 PM »
Hi all,

I am trying to assign a loop to a pad on the kit so I can play the kit alongside the sample also be able to trigger it and stop it when needed.

when I go to user I can't locate where there loop is stored on the SD card is there a guide or video available.

Much appreciated

You need to turn the loop into an instrument...then you can assign to a trigger/pad.
If you are creating/editing a loop on the module there is an option to save as instrument and the choice to place in a variety of folders , the other option is to create an instrument in the STRIKE Editor.
In the module there is an option under Voice to set as loop mode and it will start/stop when struck..if you want to be able to have a Voice on layer A and a loop on layer B...set the Velocity range on layer B so that it will not trigger unless at or above a specific velocity....that way you can still play the A Voice and the loop will only start/stop when you hit the Trigger/Pad at that velocity...usually a high one..depending on when you want the loop to play.
If you have loop mode off the loop will start every time you strike the trigger/pad and you'll end up with multiple instances of the same loop playing.