Author Topic: Goedrum GH7 Hi hat stand  (Read 611 times)

Offline Joker47

Goedrum GH7 Hi hat stand
« on: April 16, 2021, 07:00:55 PM »
Hopefully a quick question. I recently purchased a Goedrum GH7 hi hat set up for my Alesis DM10  MKll  Pro, but didn’t buy a separate hi hat stand.

Will the Goedrum GH7 hi hats work with the DM10 hi hat pedal? Or do I need to pick up a standard hi hat stand?

Thanks,
J
Alesis DM10 MKll Pro kit w/dual 22" kicks, Tama Iron Cobra pedals; extra 8" tom, Dual Alesis Strike modules; Strike cymbals; Zildjian L80 hi hat and 16" cymbal with Shure57 mics; two 4-channel mixers; Strike SE snare

Just for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/@jokersdrumcovers4769/abou

Offline Chaser

Re: Goedrum GH7 Hi hat stand
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 10:39:22 PM »
Hopefully a quick question. I recently purchased a Goedrum GH7 hi hat set up for my Alesis DM10  MKll  Pro, but didn’t buy a separate hi hat stand.

Will the Goedrum GH7 hi hats work with the DM10 hi hat pedal? Or do I need to pick up a standard hi hat stand?

Thanks,
J

The Goedrum GH7 is a 2 piece Hi Hat.. cymbal and the controller designed to work as a traditional Hi Hat and stand as the top cymbal presses down on the controller.
You can use the top cymbal with the DM10 Pedal (Realhat)..but then what was the purpose of buying a 2 piece Hi Hat if you are only going to use the top?

Offline Joker47

Re: Goedrum GH7 Hi hat stand
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 03:05:28 PM »

The Goedrum GH7 is a 2 piece Hi Hat.. cymbal and the controller designed to work as a traditional Hi Hat and stand as the top cymbal presses down on the controller.
You can use the top cymbal with the DM10 Pedal (Realhat)..but then what was the purpose of buying a 2 piece Hi Hat if you are only going to use the top?

Yeah, that was partly why I was wondering. Nothing “looked” right, and the two cymbal replacement did t make sense with the original single cymbal. But, I’m pretty new with Edrums, so I thought I’d ask. But, your post makes a lot of sense. I’m headed out today to pick up a hi hat stand. 🙂
Alesis DM10 MKll Pro kit w/dual 22" kicks, Tama Iron Cobra pedals; extra 8" tom, Dual Alesis Strike modules; Strike cymbals; Zildjian L80 hi hat and 16" cymbal with Shure57 mics; two 4-channel mixers; Strike SE snare

Just for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/@jokersdrumcovers4769/abou