Commons > Sight & Sound

Yes, I did it!

(1/3) > >>

drum_cas:
Finally, I convinced myself I really needed the Strike Pro SE ;-)
Since January 31st it is up and runnning and I'm loving it so much!
Need some tinkering with the hi-hat, that doesn't seem to react as I want it to.

Happy drummer here!

AlanK:
Beauty! And what do ya know, I've got the same pedals... Pearl Eliminator double kicks and a two legged Tama hi-hat like yours!

Don't know anything about the Strike, however.. still on a DM10 module.. but hey, congrats and enjoy!

tmk21315:
Awesome! Whoa January 31st? Are you from the future?!

It's funny what we're capable of convincing ourselves we need lol.
Three years ago, at the age of 30, I decided to take up drums. ZERO prior experience unless you count the steering wheel.

I convinced myself to go from a Turbo to Nitro to Crimson, triple the price, for my first kit. The Strike hadn't been released yet, I think it came a few months later. Now I have an A2E and desperately want to add an acoustic kit. I was pretty confident the passion was going to stick.

I'm a drummer for life! Happy drumming.

drum_cas:
Okay, I got such a good deal on the expansion set.......

I bought two! ;-)

So after two evenings of taking apart and building up, I have a new configuration.
I am SOOOOO happy right now! This is so close to my dream-setup, I wish I could tell my 15 year old self who was drawing all kinds of drumkits instead of doing his homework, that it will be possible to own a really great and awesome kit!

Next: using the extra free time this friday to configure the kits in the module....which split was what ;-)

So hoping that Alesis will add the midifeature which wille allow to use my old TD-6 as a midi-slave.
For now, I couldn't be more happy!!!!

AlanK:
Congrats! What an amazingly huge kit you've got going now! Love it :)

Yes, having the splitters and extra parts always takes a lot of effort to edit the triggers and then add instruments in all the kit entries in the module. I used to have 3 splitters on my DM10X setup and it was a LOT of work.. and then you change one thing around and have to go back into the module and update everything. I actually recently removed my extra crash and cowbell (a friend gave me his old piece, I think it's called the Cow Paddy or something, looks like a cowbell and really reactive compared to assigning cowbell to the rim somewhere in the kit)

Must be nice on a fine day to play in that enclave staring out the window! (unless the view sucks of course).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version