Author Topic: Strike Pro SE availability  (Read 1883 times)

Strike Pro SE availability
« on: September 09, 2020, 07:08:28 AM »
Hey,

Does anyone have any information on when the Strike Pro SE will be available for pickup in stores?

The date is constantly changing. The first announced date for shops in Europe was 14th September, but now it is back to "in stock in 3-5 weeks".

As far as I can see there are no stores worldwide that would have it in stock.

Since we are on this topic, why is there an announcement on front page that Strike is shipping? That is regarding the previous model and it has been a while since that happened.

Online Hellfire

Re: Strike Pro SE availability
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 08:29:16 AM »
Since we are on this topic, why is there an announcement on front page that Strike is shipping? That is regarding the previous model and it has been a while since that happened.

Welcome to the forum.

That would be my fault. I just don't update that news runner very often. I guess its time to look at it again and see what other topics I can "highlight".

-HF

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 11:32:15 AM »
Hopefully you can soon write that the second batch of SE is shipping. Apart from those few lucky SE owners there is no way to get one right now.

In EU Thomann's date is now 30th September, all other shops have it set for end of November.

I already bought the drumtec sounds for my soon to be new module and sold my old set. Now I'm on a practice pad.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 06:02:02 AM »
Drummers are reporting their Strike Pro SE has been shipped or delivered. But from what I see all are from US, CA or UK.

I of course still didn't get anything.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 11:36:03 AM »
A couple of the music stores in Ottawa Canada just posted notices that they have the Strike SE in stock now
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline DannyM

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 01:37:56 PM »
Two different Guitar Centers here in Houston Texas have them out on display and you can order and pick them up there.
I played the kit at both locations,The new mesh heads really do feel nice!!

I hope Alesis will sell them separately at some point.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 02:14:34 PM »
First they come out with the Strike with silver hoops and black mesh heads. I don't love the look. Then they come out with the Special Edition (limited? forget) that has white mesh, finally, but black hoops! Yet of course with the big kick it's beautiful, but I again don't love the look.. I wish they'd just do a silver hoop white mesh version.. I know you can change out the hoops or the heads, but at over $3k one doesn't feel like adding more cash and effort into the set.

Ah, why do I care, I can't afford to upgrade from my tricked out DM10X for a long time anyways...
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 06:24:01 AM »
Thomann's in stock date changed today, but now it is back to 2-3 weeks. On the bright side Multipad will be here in about an hour so I can leave my practice pad alone.

Never had blisters before from drumming, now that I'm on practice pad I have them on both hands.

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 06:48:51 PM »
Thomann shipped my drums. As I write this one part of the shipment is in Milano, Italy and the other in Frankfurt, Germany.

Bass will be here on Monday which will make me a half alesis drummer since this will be my first alesis kit. The other half will join a day later.