Author Topic: Diy Fame variable hi hat pedal to work with trigger io  (Read 2204 times)

Diy Fame variable hi hat pedal to work with trigger io
« on: March 11, 2015, 08:15:49 PM »
Hi ppl, just to post my diy  :D it may help same one , i have a fame dd505ii hi hat pedal is as a variable resistor stripe in it with 5 different resistance levels , 1 open the other 3 when closing 5 is close , it use trs connector, and like it is trs to trs , trigger io dont see it don't recognise as HH,  after sam testings, i found if i invert the tip and ring from the trs it is recognised and its works as a variable pedal, threshold on 3 , crosstalk calculated automatically, now i have close - open and chic ( pedal closing fast), trigger io shows the dot blinking before close append, if i close slow , if i close fast i have chic sound and the obvious close function.
i think it cud help any on with pedal problems, i don't have addictive drums  to test , i don't know if ezdrummer have variable hi hat function i am new on this things , but i will tray.

the stripe acts as a potentiometer with steps of resistance levels, the trigger io seems to see the steps and accept the soft close and the fast close so it is understanding the movement, i am not understanding is how he send the different info to the program so i can use the other 2 levels for now.

in theory this cud work with other variable pedals  with the same type of resistor stipe.