Commons > Sight & Sound

two more covers

(1/2) > >>

AlanK:
Hi folks, hope you're not gonna get sick of me posting these, but I'm having fun getting into cover recording! I did two more songs last weekend.. changed the placement of my cellcam and tried to adjust the volumes of the cover and my kit a bit better. Still have some timing issues, esp at the beginning.. I think I need to add a click track. Sorry in advance that I tend to look a bit awkward when I'm playing, will be working on that.. and hopefully improve on my beats and fills. I have some issues with my kick pedal and my foot too.. ah, I just need a lot more practice and work at all this but if I waited to share anything until I was up to par it could be in my 70s so what the heck eh? Finally, I did two takes of each of these, and I should have done a few more to get a better result but it takes so long, so here I am mistakes an all.. on one of the songs my first take I didn't press the start filming button hard enough and ended up with no video! So it's the only one I could use.. on the other song I just went with the one with less screwups, lol

Send It Up (Vertical Horizon)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDDH3s4sdjw

Lie To Me (Jonny Lang)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxbP8ed60pM

P.S. at least I'm wearing my Kiss Army pj's! hahahaha

tmk21315:
Awesome! Okay, you're inspiring me. I'm recording one tonight!

These are great, I haven't been around here that long but it'd be great to have some more activity on this board.
And this kind of activity is the best so keep 'em coming.

Iggford:
Never get tired of seeing these!  I think they sounded great! 

I'm in the same boat, I'm inspired to usher my process along a bit to make some of these.  Gotta tear down the kit tonight for tomorrow's show, but once I set back up on Sunday, I think I'm gonna work on some stuff.

--
Shawn

doggyd69b:
My only suggestion would be to turn the auto zoom feature off, when you move your arms the camera keeps adjusting to compensate for correct zooming, that makes for a constantly changing view, otherwise keep uploading you will only get better.  you can check out my old covers here: https://www.youtube.com/user/lucyferina.
As you can see there, I also make a lot of mistakes, I am just waiting to return from my next deployment and I will record some newer stuff. that should be sometime next year (2021)....

AlanK:
Hi Doggy, I totally get that autofocus suggestion and I'm going to fix that! Thanks! I had noticed it too, and sometimes my camera shakes because it's on this selfie tripod on a small table and I think the vibrations reach it as well. Great tip, will look into that for the next video I try.

And you have a ton to watch there! I had a quick listen to Creed, what an amazing cover! I've been wanting to fail, I mean try, to do Sacrafice or Higher.. someday.. I'm not much of a metal thrasher but I'd love to try!  :)

Thanks for the advice, inspiration, and I'll watch the rest of yours this weekend. Love the set by the way.. dang, now I want to find an old acoustic kit and convert it too! hahaha projects projects...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version