Laboratory > Advanced Drum Module Techniques

DM10 Expansion with Trigger I/O & ControlPad

(1/26) > >>

Hellfire:
As I was playing around with my DM10 today, I made one heck of a discovery. You can access 35 (yes I said 35) additional sound locations (midi notes) with midi. Each one of the 35 sound location are totally editable. Meaning FX, EQ, Decay, Layer A B ect.

That means you could fill all the inputs of the DM10 (22 zones), add an Alesis Trigger I/O and fill all inputs (20 zones), add an Alesis Control Pad (8 zones), and still have room for 7 mores zones!

That's what I call vertical equipment integration. ;D

audiopat:
I don't think people understand the power of this discovery! Thats amazing. Can you access melodic sounds with say, the Trigger IO? I've been wanting to build a malletkat style trigger, 12 inputs for a full octave. If the DM10 has melodic sounds that can be accessed, I will be totally sold.

Hellfire:

--- Quote from: audiopat on December 09, 2009, 03:19:10 AM ---I don't think people understand the power of this discovery! Thats amazing. Can you access melodic sounds with say, the Trigger IO? I've been wanting to build a malletkat style trigger, 12 inputs for a full octave. If the DM10 has melodic sounds that can be accessed, I will be totally sold.

--- End quote ---
Your right, people don't understand what this discovery means. I tried to lay out a couple things that would drive the point home but, admittedly there isn't the interest that I thought there would be.

I will have to check into the melodic sounds but, I don't see why you can't. When going threw MIDI you should be able to access all sounds on the DM10 (including the GM sounds).

Hellfire:
One correction. You could have 3 hi-hats using the above set-up. That is because the Alesis control pad also has a hi-hat pedal input. Again, hi-hats 2 and 3 would be switch type only but still. Also, you can add 2 more external triggers via the control pad two external trigger jacks. All of that should use up all 35 additional sounds. That would be one heck of a kit. ;D

Here's a pic to help visualize what I'm talking about:

Update (11/21/10)
A merge box must be used do to the fact that the Alesis Control Pad doesn't send it's midi in data back out to the "Midi Out" Port. Yes, I find that odd as well.

ghostman:
Good picture.. kind of points one one minor complaint about the Trigger IO - I understand why it doesn't have MIDI in, but it could have a MIDI thru...  you can't stack two IO's w/o another MIDI device to meld the MIDI.

Ahh,, the vulcan MIDI meld.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version