Author Topic: Strike Pro SE hi hat issue  (Read 1412 times)

Strike Pro SE hi hat issue
« on: January 31, 2022, 01:47:56 PM »
Hey all.  I've noticed that if I release my foot off my hi hat pedal completely, or if i let the hi hat open up all the way when doing chick/keeping time with left foot, the hi hat cymbal of the Pro SE triggers when the cymbal gets to the top.  This is pretty annoying because its not natural and causes un-planned triggering.  I initially thought to lower the hi hat sensitivity, but I don't want to sacrifice stick-playability?  Anyone deal with this and have suggestions?

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike Pro SE hi hat issue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 03:15:03 PM »
Hey all.  I've noticed that if I release my foot off my hi hat pedal completely, or if i let the hi hat open up all the way when doing chick/keeping time with left foot, the hi hat cymbal of the Pro SE triggers when the cymbal gets to the top.  This is pretty annoying because its not natural and causes un-planned triggering.  I initially thought to lower the hi hat sensitivity, but I don't want to sacrifice stick-playability?  Anyone deal with this and have suggestions?

It's the Splash..
Under the TRIGGERS Menu  select either Hi Hat Bow or Edge..select Pedal (F1 or F2)..you can adjust the Pedal settings including the Splash.
The pedal adjustment changes for both Bow/Edge.You can also try out different Curves as there is a Pedal curve and Velocity curve.

EDIT:
Attached STRIKE Hi Hat Pedal Adjustment Image
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 03:31:25 PM by Chaser »

Re: Strike Pro SE hi hat issue
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 04:21:23 PM »
Thanks a lot!  I'll take another look at the splash settings.  I wouldn't think that because the splash should happen when the hats are closed technically, not when their opened.