Author Topic: Expanding your kit, how to mount toms?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Joker47

Expanding your kit, how to mount toms?
« on: September 21, 2021, 07:09:14 PM »
I want to add a couple toms pads to my kit, and believe it or not, my biggest issue right now is trying to find out how to mount them.

I got a hold of a DW boom cymbal/dual tom stand, but the pegs for the toms are too big.

What brand hardware do you use to add tom pads, that fits Alesis? (Assuming separate stands, but not excluding add-on stands to the rack.)

I have the DM10 MKII Pro, if that matters. (I'm not sure how many other sizes are out there.)

Thanks,
J
Alesis DM10 MKll Pro kit w/dual 22" kicks, Tama Iron Cobra pedals; extra 8" tom, Dual Alesis Strike modules; Strike cymbals; Zildjian L80 hi hat and 16" cymbal with Shure57 mics; two 4-channel mixers; Strike SE snare

Just for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/@jokersdrumcovers4769/abou

Offline Chaser

Re: Expanding your kit, how to mount toms?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 10:30:39 PM »
I want to add a couple toms pads to my kit, and believe it or not, my biggest issue right now is trying to find out how to mount them.

I got a hold of a DW boom cymbal/dual tom stand, but the pegs for the toms are too big.

What brand hardware do you use to add tom pads, that fits Alesis? (Assuming separate stands, but not excluding add-on stands to the rack.)

I have the DM10 MKII Pro, if that matters. (I'm not sure how many other sizes are out there.)

Thanks,
J

Alesis/Medeli and a number of others uses 9.5mm L-Rods...the newer kits with hatched style clamps are Hex..here's a short reference list..I don't remember Yamaha but I think the newer is also Hex style.
If the dual tom stand you have is ball type Gibraltar carries a large variety including 9.5mm (SC-LBS) or the L-shaped (SC-LRS-1) which is 12mm x 9.5mm..so check your mount..They are available at majority of Retailers..Amazon..Ebay etc

L-Rod Tom Arm Mounts
12.7 mm arms - Fits most DW, Gretsch, and Gibraltar SC-STL2 and SC-STL3 tom brackets.

10.5mm arms - Fit most Tama, Premier, Pacific, Taye, Ayotte, Roland Electronic pads, current Remo drums.

9.5mm arms - Fit older Ludwig drums, Alesis Electronic pads Gibraltar SC-STL2, SC-STL3, SC-STL4, and tom brackets along with percussion items such as cowbells, synthetic blocks and mountable tambourines.

Tom Arm Mounting Systems
7/8" Diameter Tom Arm Mounts - Fit most current Pearl, current CB, older Mapex sets, and other generic made drums.

3/4" Diameter Tom Arm Mounts - Fit older Pearl, older Sonor, older CB, older Remo, and other Generic made drums.

Hex Rod Tom Arms Mounts - Fit current Mapex, current Sonor, and older Remo models.

EDIT:
Fixed Bad Link
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 11:30:51 PM by Chaser »

Offline Joker47

Re: Expanding your kit, how to mount toms?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 06:14:48 PM »

Alesis/Medeli and a number of others uses 9.5mm L-Rods...the newer kits with hatched style clamps are Hex..here's a short reference list..I don't remember Yamaha but I think the newer is also Hex style.
If the dual tom stand you have is ball type Gibraltar carries a large variety including 9.5mm (SC-LBS) or the L-shaped (SC-LRS-1) which is 12mm x 9.5mm..so check your mount..They are available at majority of Retailers..Amazon..Ebay etc

L-Rod Tom Arm Mounts
12.7 mm arms - Fits most DW, Gretsch, and Gibraltar SC-STL2 and SC-STL3 tom brackets.

10.5mm arms - Fit most Tama, Premier, Pacific, Taye, Ayotte, Roland Electronic pads, current Remo drums.

9.5mm arms - Fit older Ludwig drums, Alesis Electronic pads Gibraltar SC-STL2, SC-STL3, SC-STL4, and tom brackets along with percussion items such as cowbells, synthetic blocks and mountable tambourines.

Tom Arm Mounting Systems
7/8" Diameter Tom Arm Mounts - Fit most current Pearl, current CB, older Mapex sets, and other generic made drums.

3/4" Diameter Tom Arm Mounts - Fit older Pearl, older Sonor, older CB, older Remo, and other Generic made drums.

Hex Rod Tom Arms Mounts - Fit current Mapex, current Sonor, and older Remo models.

EDIT:
Fixed Bad Link

Thanks Chaser! I just picked up a couple arm mounts that will fit in my DW cymbal/dual tom stand. Perfect.

Thanks again!

Regards,
J
Alesis DM10 MKll Pro kit w/dual 22" kicks, Tama Iron Cobra pedals; extra 8" tom, Dual Alesis Strike modules; Strike cymbals; Zildjian L80 hi hat and 16" cymbal with Shure57 mics; two 4-channel mixers; Strike SE snare

Just for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/@jokersdrumcovers4769/abou